Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times

Advertisements

I admit it; I did not read every single post in this thread. That said, some people wear safety glasses that are required for their jobs. They look like ordinary glasses. Some have removable side shields to protect from small flying objects. It's easier to just wear them than to fins a pocket or case to store them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 09:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
I file this under the category of people just need to worry about handling their own business instead of worrying about someone else's.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,197 times
People who wear glasses as a fashion statement or to look super smrt? I don't care. People who buy frames and wear them without lenses as a "thing"? dumbarsses.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:10 PM

609 posts, read 807,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
This is not about glasses, but about your anger at your own limitation.

I hope you can get past your hurt at your own condition, your glasses are a tool that help you thrive and survive. People may use fake glasses as a tool to turn what they see as a "unfortunate" look into something more acceptable.

blktoptryl,
Sorry to burst your balloon here for drama, but us near-sightednessers, we're not angry and don't have an agenda. There is no "hurt in our own condition." Please. I guess you are right that glasses are a tool that "help us thrive and survive." My goodness, never thought of these things on my face in that philosophical way. Do you think it's really an "unfortunate" look? My goodness. People who wear glasses think of them like wearing shoes. I will say I find it obnoxious that people wear them when they don't need them.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 AM

161 posts, read 172,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK. I was just curious. I can't see 5 feet in front of me without my glasses or contacts and honestly, it's certainly inconvenient but wearing glasses doesn't bother me. Sometimes I think I look better with them although I mostly wear contacts (and now have to haul reading glasses everyone on top of that LOL). I have natural dark circles under my eyes and glasses can mask that.
oh me too

Old 04-07-2014, 12:54 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
eh, who cares, what someone else does with their face does not affect me (a glasses wearer since the age of 45). It is trivial at best and getting upset over something that someone else does is a waste of good energy in my opinion.
My brother has worn glasses since he was 7 years old and I know he isn't offended when someone wears them as a fashion statement because he just doesn't care what others do with their money or their fashion.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
I'd think the fake glasses could also offer UV protection.

Otherwise, I find it as bad as people who normally wear glasses, but "hide it" by wearing contacts instead, which is to say, it ain't that bad IMO.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982
Sorry to burst your balloon here for drama, but us near-sightednessers, we're not angry and don't have an agenda. There is no "hurt in our own condition."
I'm going to go ahead and assume you already know that i was not responding to you, but to the person who seemed to be hurt and angry (thus the angry face). And if you are going to go around bursting people's balloons, you should take care that they are the right ones . Your argument seems to be with the person that posted his uspset that he has to wear glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351982 View Post
Please. I guess you are right that glasses are a tool that "help us thrive and survive." My goodness, never thought of these things on my face in that philosophical way. Do you think it's really an "unfortunate" look? My goodness. People who wear glasses think of them like wearing shoes. I will say I find it obnoxious that people wear them when they don't need them.
As to the above. Please re-read and you will see that i never said wearing glasses was an unfortunate look.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-07-2014 at 06:51 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM

670 posts, read 1,043,725 times
Sunglasses are one thing. I can't figure out why anyone would want to wear glasses as a fashion statement, but that's just me. Some people must really like the look...especially those who wear those great big, thick-framed ones. To each her own, I guess.

I finally found the correct contact so that I no longer have to wear glasses, and I am in heaven.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
The best is when they have frames without lenses! Sooooooooo stylish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty