Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:47 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What I don't understand is why men who do have huge bellies don't do something about it. They're so unabashed about it. Don't they want to look attractive? Or do they just not care what everyone else thinks? Is that self-confidence, or is chalking it up to self-confidence a mask for laziness or resignation?
Probably the same reason women with big bellies don't do anything about it.....

Old 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Probably the same reason women with big bellies don't do anything about it.....
Well, it does get more difficult to maintain a flat abdomen in your 40s. I really do have to work hard at it now. I always worked out, but suddenly at about age 42 I started getting fat on my abdomen, and nowhere else. Most men naturally start building up fat there in middle age. I have to eat very healthy, not too much alcohol, and working out regularly plus cardio to not have that fat belly.

It's a turnoff for me, as a gay man.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Of course I like guys. Why would you say that?
Because you just cut about 95% of your dating poo out with your post above.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Are people not allowed to have preferences? Obviously not. Oh well. I'll not be judged on it. We can't all be as perfect as you, right?

Let's just say that I ain't no "teddy bear"...

Old 09-04-2014, 02:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I have excellent self esteem and I think I look great. I don't think the majority of women who get upset on CD have poor self esteem.

i do think that some men on this forum specifically put down women as a gender. That is not cool man...not cool.

Women on CD constantly have to deal with threads about women having too many moles, saggy boobs, an expiration date, being too loose, being too prim, being a gold digger, being too fat, being too skinny, and dressing "trashy". Just sayin'

It does get old in addition to someone earlier posting about "Fat shaming", so many who post here thing every woman on the planet has to be some rating number before he will even look her way.
Goodness knows she can't be a great woman who would make a wonderful partner throughout one's lifetime just because she is not _____ (fill in the blank).

The biggest turn off "in" a man's body for me would be the knife sticking out of his chest, not very attractive, blood all over, quite messy and something else I would have to clean up.

Now, if you are talking about the biggest turn off "ON" a man's body, that would be the leaches he gets while alligator hunting in the everglades, blech, gross, no dates with me until you get those slimy things off of yourself.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
I would put my body probably in the top 10% of muscular males. My upper and lower body is pretty balanced.

That being said, I could point out my own weak points 1000x better and faster than someone else would that would look at me. Many women into more athletic guys would look at my body and say I'm stupid for wanting to change things, but I know exactly what I would change, maybe that's how I got to the point I'm at in the first place.

That being said, I don't complain to others about it or act any different. I just work on it consciously to make those changes.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:14 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Let's see if they can take it, since we know they can dish it out .

In all, er, semi-seriousness, what are your biggest turn-offs for a man's body?

Beer bellies, excessive hairiness, short stature....what?

An uncircumsized p-nis is not a pretty sight. We call them turtle heads (hiding inside) LOL

Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Let's just say that I ain't no "teddy bear"...
Yep. That's nice. Been there and done that.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:19 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Because you just cut about 95% of your dating poo out with your post above.
Well luckily for me, I don't have to be concerned with that because I'm married.

But I was always picky about the men I dated and I had high standards for what they looked like as well as how they treated me. I guess I'm a lot different from many of the women here who say looks don't matter so much. They certainly mattered a lot to me when I was auditioning potential long term partners.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:21 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Why do you want to start fights ?

Yes, I can take it. I have beer bellies and a hairy body. We are proud of it. I don't want to be a 6 pack playboy with a waxed chest looking for a 1 night stand.

how many do you have and who is WE? Are you two people in one body and two bellies? Want to see a picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty