Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,293,529 times

Advertisements

When I couldn't find it at Wal-Mart, I figured they didn't sell it anymore since my last one lasted forever and it's been a long time since I bought one. But just searched online and found it!

Since I ran out I have tried 2 other eyeliners and they are just NOT the same. I like the Bonne Belle Eye Definer because it's a soft pencil that goes on really easily, you don't have to keep going over and over and over it trying to get a line. Of course, it's not that great if you're in water or sweaty, but for everyday normal use it's great.

I guess I'll try Walgreens but if anyone happens to know where they sell them maybe I can just make one stop to find it!

What's with those eye pencils that won't even draw a line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM

917 posts, read 2,300,859 times
Never tried Bonnie Bell but I've tried lots of others and they all rub off onto my upper eyelid within 20 min. of putting it on! Whats up with that??? Anyone else have that problem?

Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,108,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Never tried Bonnie Bell but I've tried lots of others and they all rub off onto my upper eyelid within 20 min. of putting it on! Whats up with that??? Anyone else have that problem?
Oh boy, I have a hard time finding a good eyeliner that stays on too! I used to use Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner. And I loved it. But a few years ago they did something to it which changed it for me. Now it is just like most of the other liquid eyeliners out there that as soon as I put it on it evaporates! By the way it was waterproof. So after searching and searching I found a liquid eyeliner at Merle Norman. But yep, you guessed it they don't make it anymore. So after more searching I found a liquid eyeliner at Sephora called Make Up Forever. Works pretty good, I guess. Just not as good as Maybelline used to be.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM

My daughter uses Sephora products and loves them. I'm not inclined to spend that much money on makeup, but it's probably worth it. I hate that when I find a product I like they do change it, just like you said! I like the Bonne Bell because it went on easily and I could smudge it to look the way I wanted, but it didn't really smear all around my eyes like some I have tried do.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times
Physicians Formula makes a felt tip eyeliner that works like a marker and stays put all day. You can use the tip to make a fine line, or press harder/at a slight angle to make a thicker, more dramatic line (useful for sixties-ish cat eyes if you're into that and sometimes I am). Like many liquid liners, though, it's more for a crisp, defined line. It's not going to smudge like a pencil if that's the effect you're going for. It's at drug store prices, too, no high-end cost.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Physicians Formula makes a felt tip eyeliner that works like a marker and stays put all day. You can use the tip to make a fine line, or press harder/at a slight angle to make a thicker, more dramatic line (useful for sixties-ish cat eyes if you're into that and sometimes I am). Like many liquid liners, though, it's more for a crisp, defined line. It's not going to smudge like a pencil if that's the effect you're going for. It's at drug store prices, too, no high-end cost.

I have tried the felt tip eyeliners too. It evaporated just like the other eyeliners did.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM

543 posts, read 2,312,776 times
I've noticed some Bonne Bell products at Walgreens. Not sure if they have what you are looking for, but I didn't even know Bonne Belle was still in business. Just noticed the products when going in for prescriptions the other day.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:05 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,652,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
I have tried the felt tip eyeliners too. It evaporated just like the other eyeliners did.
Really? Have you tried that particular brand? Mine stays on all day, and if I fall asleep without removing it, is still on the next day, too with little smudging and has to be removed.

Do you have exceptionally oily skin? This can cause even waterproof makeup to dissolve (makes sense, you remove waterproof makeup with oil-based solvent products). The eyelid area doesn't have oil glands, so it's not typically a concern with most people, but people who have very oily skin may experience oils from their forehead, nose, etc. areas or even their scalps (via bangs) migrating to the eyelid and screwing up their makeup's staying power.

Another thing you could try if this is the case is prepping the lid with an eye makeup base coat. I've used it when I've been in summer weddings, to keep eye makeup in place. It goes on like a foundation or concealer would, except that it dries to a primer and sets anything you put on really decently. It creates a barrier between the makeup and anything in your skin that would cause it to dissolve.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Really? Have you tried that particular brand? Mine stays on all day, and if I fall asleep without removing it, is still on the next day, too with little smudging and has to be removed.

Do you have exceptionally oily skin? This can cause even waterproof makeup to dissolve (makes sense, you remove waterproof makeup with oil-based solvent products). The eyelid area doesn't have oil glands, so it's not typically a concern with most people, but people who have very oily skin may experience oils from their forehead, nose, etc. areas or even their scalps (via bangs) migrating to the eyelid and screwing up their makeup's staying power.

Another thing you could try if this is the case is prepping the lid with an eye makeup base coat. I've used it when I've been in summer weddings, to keep eye makeup in place. It goes on like a foundation or concealer would, except that it dries to a primer and sets anything you put on really decently. It creates a barrier between the makeup and anything in your skin that would cause it to dissolve.
No. I don't have oily skin at all. I don't know what the problem is. lol. I always put a foundation coat on my eyes before I apply the liner.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:10 AM

I couldn't find the Bonne Bell, but ended up getting Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner pencil. It's not the self-sharpening pencil, just a regular eyeliner pencil. Works great, goes on easily. So this is my new brand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty