Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 11:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes! Cindy Crawford and Marie Osmond both have had a little work done. But it's almost imperceptible.
"Imperceptible???" Not really. It's quite obvious.

NO ONE gets miraculously younger looking and MORE beautiful as they age naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 12:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Oh, I think you can increase in beauty as you age. It's a different sort of beauty, of course.

But look younger, naturally? No. Not unless you are Benjamin Button.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:44 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Over 45? Are you kidding? I would have had plastic surgery when I was 20. I don't care about looking younger. I just want the nose job, the chin job, the boob job and maybe have my eyelids lifted - that may soon be a medical necessity. Maybe a little liposuction - and yes, it would all make me look much better. And you know what? If I had all that done, I would be the one paying for it and I would be the one it was being done to. So no one else's feelings or comments would matter to me. It would please me and that's what I would be aiming towards.

To the OP: So if you want plastic surgery, then do what you want if you can afford it and tell all the Negative Nellies to go jump in the lake.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:49 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
50. I was fine and accepting at 50.

At 57, almost 58 I am a bit shocked at my appearance. I did get rid of 80 pounds three years ago, that did not help, not all of my skin went back (have no regrets on shedding the 80 pounds).
Most people are still surprised I am 57, I am really sad about all my sagging. I look in the mirror and I am shocked at what I see.
If people ask, tell them you're 10 years older than you are. I do. You'll always get a look of awe and a smile

Old 07-04-2015, 02:16 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,478,444 times
Unless you got boo-coo bucks, prolly no. Bad plastic surgery is worse than none from what I've seen.

And as far as major body things, I say don't do ANYTHING before you try a really good workout scheme. Exercise technology has improved just as well as surgical enhancement, and taking the natural approach is less invasive, more enduring, cheaper, and actually far better for your health.

If you do squats, you become healthier. If you get butt packs, you just got sicker.

Squats vs Surgery

Old 07-04-2015, 02:43 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes! Cindy Crawford and Marie Osmond both have had a little work done. But it's almost imperceptible. They both look great! I think Marie should use a bit less filler in her lips - but she still looks awesome.

As for filler, I have used Restylane (sp??) and Pearlaine (sp?) and Voluma. And yes, they are different from BOTOX.

The first two are shorter acting. Voluma can last up to two years. I'll believe it when I see it;

My doctors always pre-medicate me with an oral analgesic. I wouldn't have it any other way.

LOL! Marie has had way too much in her lips!!

Can you share your doctor's name? If you really, really loved him or her?

Alley

Old 07-04-2015, 03:15 PM

342 posts, read 438,150 times
I do not like Marie Osborn artificial look. Just my little opinion... She does not look younger, she looks like over fixed 55-60 year old. To much work there, too much fillers/plastic procedures.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:23 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
I do not like Marie Osborn artificial look. Just my little opinion... She does not look younger, she looks like over fixed 55-60 year old. To much work there, too much fillers/plastic procedures.
I agree, Marie has REALLY overdone her procedures. On the other hand, Cindy Crawford was mentioned - I think she looks great - whatever she has had done looks completely natural to me. Same for Christie Brinkley.

Another one who has had tasteful procedures is Jane Fonda. I read that she always told her doctors to leave some wrinkles because she did not want to look unnatural. And it works, she looks great for a mid 70s woman who has had work done.

Anyway, consider your procedures carefully. Check out some of these photos on Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/mwillman/b...what-you-have/

Old 07-04-2015, 04:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Black don't crack so no need! Still get carded and regularly mistaken for a 20-something (by 20-somethings)

Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
botox is your friend and so are fillers, no need for the knife anymore.

botox between the eyebrows takes away the lines, and fillers in the cheeks make you look 20 years younger.

freinds, remember, they are your friends.
What part of the cheeks? The nasolabial folds? Or higher up on the cheeks to lift them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty