Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:33 PM

16 posts, read 13,316 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Just out of interest- Men, do you like women who don't wear very often make up? Or do you prefer a woman who always makes sure to put make up in the morning?

Before anyone asks- No, I'm not gonna change my habits because of answers here. I was really just wondering. When I was younger (15-22) I used make up every day. Really, every day. I used it to go to my classes in college, to go to the supermarket, to meet friends, to party. Usually concealer, powder, mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss, blush, sometimes eye shadow. To me it was completely normal and part of my getting up in the morning routine.

Now I'm 27 and I use much less make up. I maybe use make up 2-3 times a week, usually when I go out for dinner or drinks with friends or when I just feel like using make up. I feel comfortable in my own skin, I don't feel ugly anymore as I used too when I was very young, and yes I admit it, often I'm also too lazy to use make up (and remove it in the evening). This doesn't mean that I'm 'letting myself go'. I take very much care of myself and my body, do sports 4 times a week, don't overeat, shower daily, wash my hair every second day, do my nails and shave my female parts. It's just the make up thing I don't really like anymore. I have some girl friends around the same age and they cannot understand why I won't use make up every day and say most guys won't like girls without make up (they want the 'natural make up look' at least, they say).

I won't change my routine for a guy, but I'm really wondering- Do guys prefer girls with or without make up (and I'm talking about no make up on many days, not about natural look make up).

Men, are you okay with a girl not using make up all the time? Or do you prefer a girl who makes sure she's always perfectly styled (regarding make up)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 08:35 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times
I prefer women with less makeup or no makeup.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:47 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuenteazul View Post
Hi,

Just out of interest- Men, do you like women who don't wear very often make up? Or do you prefer a woman who always makes sure to put make up in the morning?

Before anyone asks- No, I'm not gonna change my habits because of answers here. I was really just wondering. When I was younger (15-22) I used make up every day. Really, every day. I used it to go to my classes in college, to go to the supermarket, to meet friends, to party. Usually concealer, powder, mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss, blush, sometimes eye shadow. To me it was completely normal and part of my getting up in the morning routine.

Now I'm 27 and I use much less make up. I maybe use make up 2-3 times a week, usually when I go out for dinner or drinks with friends or when I just feel like using make up. I feel comfortable in my own skin, I don't feel ugly anymore as I used too when I was very young, and yes I admit it, often I'm also too lazy to use make up (and remove it in the evening). This doesn't mean that I'm 'letting myself go'. I take very much care of myself and my body, do sports 4 times a week, don't overeat, shower daily, wash my hair every second day, do my nails and shave my female parts. It's just the make up thing I don't really like anymore. I have some girl friends around the same age and they cannot understand why I won't use make up every day and say most guys won't like girls without make up (they want the 'natural make up look' at least, they say).

I won't change my routine for a guy, but I'm really wondering- Do guys prefer girls with or without make up (and I'm talking about no make up on many days, not about natural look make up).

Men, are you okay with a girl not using make up all the time? Or do you prefer a girl who makes sure she's always perfectly styled (regarding make up)?
I am not going to say that I want a woman to wear makeup everyday but I like women who wear makeup. I think makeup is wonderful not because she is ugly but I think that when well applied it brings out the best features in a woman's face.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:51 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,309,195 times
Makeup can look nice when applied correctly and in the right amounts, but for the most part, I prefer the more natural look. Little or no makeup, and perfume, is just fine with me, as long as she keeps flashing me that pretty smile. No real need for any more than that.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:09 PM

347 posts, read 282,585 times
I much prefer women who don't often use makeup. The "natural beauty" quality is very attractive to me.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Im actually used to meeting women that have make up on and more surprised if they don't in truth, I do love the natural look like watts says tho

On the other hand I've always thought women put on make up for self confidence or am I wrong?

Old 08-17-2015, 10:45 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
I prefer, minimal to no make up. I also prefer, she not wear it every day.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:00 AM

898 posts, read 1,219,436 times
i prefer makeup when it is called for - a function, a party, a going out to the town. i don't like bland girls when the occasion is "happening." some women look like men (yuck) without makeup. they are the ones who really need to use it all the time. i also find that the younger a woman/girl is, the less she needs makeup. it's kind of a necessity in your 30s and beyond when those wrinkles show up. some makeup also enhances the face in general like the cheekbone area or lips or eyes. why wouldn't you want to look and feel sexy?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:48 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,039,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuenteazul View Post
Hi,

I am turned off by women that wear makeup all the time. I much prefer a more natural look with the occasional getting done up for going out. Getting fully done up should be reserved for social events and going out. Plus I can't imagine that it feels comfortable to have all that on, especially when its humid. But I have never worn it so what the hell do I know. But more power to ya if you wanna forgo that, don't feel guilty about it.

I know a woman in her early 20s married to a close relative of mine that wears thick caked on makeup for what seems like all the time. I was at his house at 530am and had to get him up (i have keys) and she had it on......The thing is if I saw her out at a social event or bar for the first time I would think she was attractive but seeing her on a regular basis I can't help but think "What the hell is she hiding?" That along with her personality makes her completely unattractive to me.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:33 AM

287 posts, read 327,198 times
To tell the truth, I never pay attention to a woman's make-up. Unless she is overly made-up, that is. In my previous job there was an older woman in the office who PILED on the make-up so heavily that it looked hideous. She also wore way too much perfume- she sat two cubicles away from me and all I smelled all day long was Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds. She kept a bottle in her desk drawer and would dab a little more on a few times a day. I overheard her talking to another female employee one day- she said "A true lady never leaves the house without putting on make-up." I felt like saying "Neither does a clown..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty