Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

What I found was, particularly in a pencil skirt and slimmer shirt, it made my waist look much smaller than with the same shirt not tucked. It was surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 04:20 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If having a big butt = trying to look sexy, I guess I'm trying to look sexy all the time.

Yes.
No I didn't mean having a big butt meant trying to look sexy, I meant that if your butt protrudes out a lot--similar to Kim K and Khloe K that when you wear jeans and tuck your shirt in, it becomes that much more visible. It's one thing to have a big butt, but it's another when it's very very noticable and protrudes out a lot more than the average woman and you have a shirt tucked in that doesn't minimize it. That is what I meant for MYSELF when it comes to tucking in shirts with jeans. Everyone has different body types, and butts. Some women have larger behinds but the shape is more confined when in jeans and pants(I have a friend like this). Other women have big behinds but are also bigger in general, i.e. a woman that is a size 14 is going to have big legs, big butts and probably be very curvy and she should, she is plus size! But when you are a short women(I'm 5ft2) and you are slim thick(I wear a 6), and most of your weight is in your butt it can be pretty visible and stand out because it's not as expected if that makes sense.

Not to mention growing up from literally age 11 up until well present day I've gotten sexually harassed in every vicinity possible because of my butt, or my body. To the point where I've often been told that I dress sexy or asked to be stripper or insulting things like that and I try to dress conservatively to minimize that. So when I say that tucking a shirt in with jeans makes me seem as if I'm trying to look more sexy what I mean is that it will attract more attention and being that I already get negative attention, calling more attention to that area is essentially comparable to me trying to be more "sexy" because as it stands I get told all the time that I have a sex appeal or a natural sexual vibe to myself no matter when I dress conservative and to me emphasizing more of my curves or body would make it seem like I was trying too hard.

I don't know how else to articulate it.

There are a lot of women I've observed with bigger behinds that can get away with it and not really look overly sexy, but I've noticed that there are those that give off those vibes and when they wear outfits that look fine on other women they just look sexy and like their doing too much. That is the best way to describe it.

I don't have a short torso so I can't identify the struggle and think that wearing a tucked in shirt would make it more apparent but I do think the tucked in look seems to look better on certain women, just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty