Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 04:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times

Advertisements

Some guys don't like jewelry. I only wear a watch. NO RINGS EVER....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 05:01 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
I wear my wedding ring so I don't have to beat off all the women that are after me, oh wait, it's my wife that would do the beating if I didn't wear it.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:02 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Everytime you put one on, you broke out in cheating?
Pmsl no every time I put it on my finger would swell and my skin would weep and split and blister and yell at me

THIS IS TIN! and so is the guy who gave it to you!

Old 02-12-2016, 05:07 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey River View Post
Soldiers in combat, HVAC technicians, Electricians, Welders and all kinds of guys wear theirs. Nothing you are doing most often justifies not wearing it.
Nonsense.

I wear mine - at this point, I think it would take considerable effort to get it off.

But rings can sometimes be a hazard. They can get caught on things. Former astronaut Neil Armstrong had his finger torn off he hopped down off a truck but the ring snagged on something. The ring didn't give - the finger did.

Also, there are occasions when it must be removed. When I went through training with live nerve agent at the old Fort McClellan, everything we wore but the rubber portion of our gas masks (which were cleaned and recycled) was incinerated. Everyone was warned, and wedding rings were specifically held up as an example, that all jewelry would go along with everything else into the incinerator.

There certainly are excuses. There are also justifiable reasons.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:15 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,064 times
Its actually against Occupational Health and Safety for a lot of blue collar workers to wear ANY jewellery at all, where I live.

Ive worked in places the office girls couldnt even wear sandals.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Wearing wedding rings seems to me honoring your marriage.

However, I don't wear any of my 3 rings when I do certain things, for fear of losing them. And I find that they get in my way sometimes. But if I dress up to go out, I have my rings on. (By "dressing up" I mean I've had shower and I've changed clothes!)

Old 02-12-2016, 05:36 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm single, but curious if there's anyone out there like me…..who doesn't wear rings….and so wouldn't or doesn't wear a wedding ring.

I take it there are more men than women who don't wear wedding bands.
I'm curious if there are any women out there who don't wear a wedding ring.

I've always marveled that
-- people make such a big deal about a ring…I know what it represents. but ultimately it really is just a jewelry possession.
-- and a spouse who insists the other wear a ring (always struck me as insecure)
I am not married and do not wear a ring. To me a ring symbolizes a committed relationship between two people.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:42 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Haven't wore my ring in years. Neither has my wife. In fact, her rings were stolen and I bought her replacements that sit in her jewelry box.

I don't wear mine because I hate wearing any jewelry. No rings, watches, etc. I can barely stand wearing this damned Fitbit doohickey on my wrist, but it brings in money from my company towards my healthcare. So I tolerate that as much as I can.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,599,527 times
It is not in the Jewish tradition for men to have or wear wedding rings.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:28 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I am a woman. I have been married for 20 years. I do not like wearing jewelry. Necklaces are about as much as I can wear. I've never liked wearing rings or bracelets (and no earrings). My husband and I both wore our wedding rings. After getting pregnant, my ring didn't fit. After it fit again, I wore it sporadically. I lost it about 10 years ago now. I was wearing it and sometime during the day, it was gone. I suspect I accidentally threw it away after drying my hands with a paper towel (we had resized it bigger after I had kids and after a few more years, it was too loose). My husband still wears his; I haven't worn one in years now. I really don't notice if other people are wearing rings, and no one who knows I'm married has asked about my ring. I'm certainly not stepping out on my husband. He's not worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty