Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:30 AM

10,626 posts, read 12,180,119 times

Advertisements

I don't like to order online but I'd like suggestions about brick and mortar stores or kiosks that have the best designer perfume prices.

At Christmas time I know you can find some decent deals, when gift sets are sold. But year-round, day to day -- what stores have good prices on perfume?

The brands I'm interested in are things like Jimmy Choo, Givenchy, etc (as opposed to lower end brands)

Thanks

Last edited by selhars; 05-20-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 11:24 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,385,611 times
I don't purchase perfume in stores because the vast majority do not carry niche and indie fragrances. I'm very picky about the fragrances I buy. I'm not into designer or dept. store fragrances.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:45 AM

16,432 posts, read 12,575,502 times
I like going to Sephora because they usually have a boxed set of mini perfumes (maybe 6 of them?) that comes with a coupon for a full sized perfume. So I get to try them all, figure out which one I like best, then go back and get that one.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:56 AM

^^ Thanks for that idea. The few times I've gone into Sephora I've found it overwhelming. So -- the view times I've gone window shopping for stuff -- I've been more likely to go to Ulta. Something about it -- the layout, signage, etc, just wasn't -- as as said -- as overwhelming. Sephora is like product overload But I have seen some gift sets on display as I've sauntered by.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Depends on if you want mainstream or not. Though I don't price them. If you know what you want and it is mainstream you might even find a box at Kohl, Ross, Norsdtrom Rack and places like that.

I am still looking for a dream fragrance. I have found some maybes. My fave department store for that, if you can splurge is Barney's. They have way different stuff than everywhere else. I found potential at Diptyque, now they carry those at my Nordstroms.

I scope the local boutiques and they don't have my smell usually in the locally made stuff. Next step is probably to make one.

At the moment I am wearing merry maker by Pinrose. They had some great gift packs and are affordable. https://www.pinrose.com/store

Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM

None of my faves are new (I'm old): Givenchy Amariage, Giorgio, Diva by Ungaro, Angel by Thierry Mugler. A friend just recommended Very Irresistible by Givenchy (but I have to give that another whiff, to decide), and Obsession for Men as a women's fragrance. ANd Jimmy Choo and Jimmy Choo Flash. On the low end I hate to admit it but but I like JLo's first two fragrances…Glow and another one whose name I can't recall.

Men's fragrance for men…Quorum hands down. Maybe (if I recall correctly -- I THINK I liked Acqua di Gio for a fresher, just our of the shower type of fragrance. But Quorum by Puig is one sexy. men's. fragrance. I stopped a coworker and asked him what he was wearing!

Old 05-20-2016, 12:36 PM

16,432 posts, read 12,575,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
^^ Thanks for that idea. The few times I've gone into Sephora I've found it overwhelming. So -- the view times I've gone window shopping for stuff -- I've been more likely to go to Ulta. Something about it -- the layout, signage, etc, just wasn't -- as as said -- as overwhelming. Sephora is like product overload But I have seen some gift sets on display as I've sauntered by.
I only go to Sephora during the week. Never on Friday or the weekend. It's far too crowded.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:43 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,931,339 times
I usually buy perfume at Ross. I can't wear any scent for long before it starts giving me migraines, so I'd rather spend $25 on a bottle than pay a lot more. I also can't go smell a lot of perfumes at once because that is a migraine trigger for me. I can smell three or four scents, but no more. My husband likes to go to Ulta because they've got all the fragrances out where you can test them, but he has to go without me.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:19 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,486,017 times
Thank you for your post, which brings back such happy memories for me.

That used to be my local Parfumerie, for one month, when I was 21.

(Guerlain en son palais au 68, avenue des Champs-Elysées)

Old 05-20-2016, 06:47 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,500,429 times
The stores with the biggest selection of perfumes I like: Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, and a couple of specialty boutiques.

Also, I like to shop at duty-free shops in airports because the prices tend to be lower, and the concentration of the fragrance stronger. For example, eau de parfums and parfums are often less expensive than what you'd get in a department store in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty