Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:49 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,037,535 times

Advertisements

Where would you say is the best place to go to buy men's polo-style shirts for everyday wear?

Preferably not $85-$100 like at some department stores...we don't mind spending that much (or more) on nice clothing to wear out somewhere nice, but it seems like a bit much to spend on everyday shirts to wear to run errands and hang out and such. After all, my husband is like me and many other human beings on this planet and is sure to spill something or whatever on his everyday shirts long before they earn their pricey keep for being "well-made" and "totally worth the cost because of quality." For us, that's more for our nice stuff, not our everyday stuff.

But preferably not too cheap, either, since cheap polos often seem to have collars that "lay weird" or have material that is "itchy."

I guess I'm thinking more in like the $30-$35ish range?

Random question, I know, but suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 08:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 26,023,384 times
Costco, seriously. There are 4 men in my family, and dozens of polos. The Costco Kirkland brand is soft, and washes beautifully. The pima cotton ones are not on their website right now, but I still see them in the stores. They currently show the performance style, which my guys also like:

Kirkland Signature Men's Performance Polo

Old 10-09-2016, 08:15 PM

25,670 posts, read 17,441,137 times
LL Bean.

I've been wearing them for years.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 PM

21,966 posts, read 25,322,586 times
LL Bean.
Lands End if you like wimpy collars. They're good other than the wimpy collar.
GAP polos. No clue what they're like now but I have a couple that are ancient years old. GAP kind of is hit and miss. They make something decent for a few years and then usually cost cut the bejesus out of it.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:03 PM

7,330 posts, read 12,404,151 times
I personally think the best balance between price and quality is IZOD. I have several IZOD polo shirts (mostly in my signature color), and they have lasted me quite long. IZOD is available at JCPenney, Kohl's, Belk, and some Macy's stores, as well as on Amazon.

One particular variety of IZOD polo shirt that I have really been a fan of is the Advantage Polo. I now have it in seven colors (Cradle Pink, Absinthe Green, Blue Radiance, Tea Rose, Real Red, Dusted Peri, and Bright White). It is a moisture-wicking 60/40 polo shirt, and one thing that I have noticed about it after owning them for a while is that they are some of the most wrinkle-resistant pique polo shirts that I have ever seen that are not specifically made for golf.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:04 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,626,580 times
Sporting goods store (Dicks') or outdoors and camping (REI). They have them in the golf and tennis sections and in the casual wear area. Each athletic goods brand, such as Under Armour and Columbia Sportswear, has their own polo shirts.

Levi's polos in the department stores should only be about $30.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:30 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,578,520 times
Steinmart has name brand ones at really good prices.
Otherwise, my husband (ok, it's really me) gets them at department stores at the end of summer when they go on sale.
LLBean has good ones too.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:18 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,361,233 times
I have my complaints about outlet stores but some still carry some quality basics. Ralph Lauren, for example. I've purchased some shirts and pajamas at the Lauren outlets that are good quality for the money.

Be careful though. Many designers create lower-quality goods to slap their name on and sell in outlet stores. Things that would never be found in places like Saks Fifth Avenue or Bloomingdales.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:25 AM

50,459 posts, read 64,317,889 times
Hubby wears them every day to work. We used to buy RL Polo Tall, on sale, but the collars get all wonky and they shrink in the length.
JCPenneys brand, Foundry, are the greatest. Sometimes they're on sale for $12.-$15. Right now they are $17.99.
I agree that LLBean is good, but they are twice as much as Penneys.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:08 AM

604 posts, read 621,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I personally think the best balance between price and quality is IZOD. I have several IZOD polo shirts (mostly in my signature color), and they have lasted me quite long. IZOD is available at JCPenney, Kohl's, Belk, and some Macy's stores, as well as on Amazon.

One particular variety of IZOD polo shirt that I have really been a fan of is the Advantage Polo. I now have it in seven colors (Cradle Pink, Absinthe Green, Blue Radiance, Tea Rose, Real Red, Dusted Peri, and Bright White). It is a moisture-wicking 60/40 polo shirt, and one thing that I have noticed about it after owning them for a while is that they are some of the most wrinkle-resistant pique polo shirts that I have ever seen that are not specifically made for golf.
Yep, they are very good for warm places, like your AZ or my FL.
I usually buy them at Kohl's. With the right combination of coupons, sales or even cash back from my CC, they come dirty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty