Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you use women's or men's razors?
I am a woman and use women's razors 6 20.00%
I am a woman and use men's razors 13 43.33%
I am a man and use women's razors 2 6.67%
I am a man and use men's razors 9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:53 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,730,605 times

Advertisements

Do you use women's or men's razors?

Article on some differences between the two:
Men’s and Women’s Razors: Is There a Difference?
Men (http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summerbeauty/men-s-and-women-s-razors-is-there-a-difference-2497326/;_ylt=AkG0SZmstCsjmMqAsPEgUIlabqU5 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,717,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Do you use women's or men's razors?

Article on some differences between the two:
Men (http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summerbeauty/men-s-and-women-s-razors-is-there-a-difference-2497326/;_ylt=AkG0SZmstCsjmMqAsPEgUIlabqU5 - broken link)
I use men's razors.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,170,969 times
Default Shaving tip.

If using standard shaving creme, A small bit of Noxzema moisturizer helps glide and reduce razor-burn. Saw this in a magazine years ago and it works great. Esp good for sensitive skin and thick stubble.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,730,605 times
In trying to rid myself of shaving breakouts I have been trying different things. I went back to the first razor I ever used (men's disposable gillettes good new plus) after venus failed me and single blade womens pink bics failed me. The mens razors seem to work much better to avoid bumps despite not having coarse hair to deal with.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,125,691 times
I use men's because they usually have cheap generic refills and women's never seem to. I've never had a nicking problem with any razor.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:19 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,406,568 times
Quote:
Our examination of this issue, conducted with the naked eye, reveals that the main difference between men’s and women’s razors, at least the disposable type, is their pigment. Women’s razors are usually pink; men’s razors are found in more macho colors, like royal blue and yellow.

But the naked eye can deceive. Chats with representatives at Bic, Schick, and Wilkinson indicate that there are at least three significant differences:
1. The most important difference to the consumer is the “shave angle” of the two. A man’s razor has a greater angle on the blade, what the razor industry calls “aggressive exposure,” for two reasons. Men’s beards are tougher than women’s leg or underarm hair, and require more effort to be cut and, at least as important, women complain much more than men about nicks and cuts, the inevitable consequence of the aggressive exposure of the men’s blades. Women don’t particularly like putting hosiery over red splotches, while men seem perfectly content walking around their offices in the morning with their faces resembling pepperoni pizzas.
2. Most women’s razors have a greater arc in the head of the razor, so that they can see the skin on the leg more easily as they shave.
3. Women don’t shave as frequently as men, especially in the winter, when most wear pants and long-sleeved blouses. Schick offers a “Personal Touch” razor line for women that features guard bars that contain combs, so that longer hair is set up at the proper angle for shaving.
As far as we can ascertain, all the major manufacturers use the same metallurgy in men’s and women’s razors.
After enumerating the design features that his company incorporates to differentiate men’s and women’s razors, Fred Wexler, director of research at Schick, offered a rueful parting observation: Despite all of their design efforts, Schick’s research reveals that a solid majority of women use razors designed for men.
1 - who the heck still wears hosery?

2 Um, I shave in the shower and before I put my contacts in, I can't really see what I'm doing anyway

3. Um, no - I shave everyday....

I'm a woman and I use whatever decent razors is on sale or has a good coupon out...

Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,283 times
I use women's razors and I'm a girl. I use the Venus razors. They're awesome!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,269,546 times
I have been using a men's Trac II for the last 15 years. I like the weight of it and it is very balanced in my hand.

@Bakeneko: Plenty of people still wear hose. Many, many people have a dress code to adhere to.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:58 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,931,339 times
I use men's razors. My husband won't use a pink razor, and I don't care what color the razor is, so I buy men's razors and we share the package. That way I don't have to remember to check how many he has before I go shopping...I always know if I'm running low on something.

I did buy women's razors for my daughter because she seemed to care if they were pink or not.

I don't use shaving gel or cream either...just lather up my legs with body wash. I got into that habit when I was recovering from a broken leg and the shaving products seemed to make the shower slippery.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:16 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,421,406 times
Gillette Good News Disposable Razors for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty