Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 02:23 PM

179 posts, read 271,901 times

Advertisements

Last-minute advice sought:

I leave Istanbul tomorrow evening and want to take advantage of the great fashion here. I got a formal suit here last trip but have had the idea of a "fun" suit, one for going out/events/social occasions. I am planning to move to LA within a month or so, and that may or may not factor into wha is most appropriate for now. Since I have blue eyes, three of my four formal suits are navy/medium blue to some degree, but maybe a shiny blue or blue/black suit fits this purpose.

Which color/material/design/etc. do you recommend? If any of you are familiar with Turkish brands, feedback on them is also most welcome.

Thanks for any input .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 03:01 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,739 times
Why can't you bring what you would wear all the time and develop a style as you go? You're free to do that.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:38 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,265 times
Just my humble opinion:

Shiny suits are ugly. Always.

Clubbing in a suit would be . . . unusual.

Something nice for a lounge/cocktail bar? How about red or white cotton pants with a tan, lightweight wool blazer? That should be quite L.A. If you have a great clothier in Istanbul, then you could take advantage of linen (or even silk) for something very nice on a hot L.A. Saturday afternoon.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:12 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,593 times
Birthday? depending on the club?

Old 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creo View Post
Last-minute advice sought:

I leave Istanbul tomorrow evening and want to take advantage of the great fashion here. I got a formal suit here last trip but have had the idea of a "fun" suit, one for going out/events/social occasions. I am planning to move to LA within a month or so, and that may or may not factor into wha is most appropriate for now. Since I have blue eyes, three of my four formal suits are navy/medium blue to some degree, but maybe a shiny blue or blue/black suit fits this purpose.

Which color/material/design/etc. do you recommend? If any of you are familiar with Turkish brands, feedback on them is also most welcome.

Thanks for any input .
Wearing a suit to a night club is usually considered over dressed.
If you are dressed like you might look too flashy even for LA.
It all depends on the look you are going for.
If you are selling high end stuff, are a re-estate agent or working as an agent that is one things, but you just need to be mindful of where you are at.

I find men in places like Turkey, the Middle East and South Europe do sometime dress more formal ... but be aware that some times it comes off at tacky or too flashy.

It is best to take what you have and like and then modify how you dress to where you are going. Also from my observation men in those places also tending to wear more fitted clothes. I have no issue with that but in North America straight men don't always where their clothes that fitted especially pants.

So if you are walking around look like this ...

It is going to hint that you are likely from somewhere else.

No matter what be yourself and be comfortable. Some people really do appreciate this type of look and in LA there are likely going to be a bigger chunk of people that do sport these types of looks.

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty