Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Someone recommended Kohl's to me last year, for affordable office attire. I went in there, took a good look around, really gave it a try, and was horrified. I'll never go back.
I have found Macy's to be good for office attire. Their Style & Co brand is inexpensive, looks nice and fits well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 07:26 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
I agree, not only has the quality gone downhill at Kohls, but Kohls in general had gone downhill IMHO! They always seem to out of sizes, especially shoes and I feel their prices have gone way up as well! I definitely don shop there as much as I used too!

Old 09-09-2017, 07:51 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I agree, not only has the quality gone downhill at Kohls, but Kohls in general had gone downhill IMHO! They always seem to out of sizes, especially shoes and I feel their prices have gone way up as well! I definitely don shop there as much as I used too!
They don't even carry my size shoe, 11.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:59 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I haven't found anything I liked there in the past year or so. It is a shame, since I have found kohls clothing holds up pretty well. I wore a kohls dress earlier this week.

The styles over the past year have been terrible, so not much shopping for me.
I agree completely. I've gone there several times the past two years looking for work clothing, skirts, and dresses. Kohl's has very few skirts and dresses to choose from, and their professional pants are quite expensive, despite their claim of "sale prices" on everything. Each time I left empty handed. Their shoes are terribly uncomfortable, and I haven't bought shoes there in years. I agree with the others who said they are surprised that Kohl's is still open but they offer promotions Sears and JC Penney don't, especially if you have the credit card, so I think that helps some.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:04 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Cotton is no longer a "quality fabric?"
Cotton was never "high" quality - it's only seen as quality now because at least it's natural. It's not in the same group as wool, silk, or linen.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:32 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I always end up using Kohl's Cash on kitchen stuff and it ends up being free.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I agree completely. I've gone there several times the past two years looking for work clothing, skirts, and dresses. Kohl's has very few skirts and dresses to choose from, and their professional pants are quite expensive, despite their claim of "sale prices" on everything. Each time I left empty handed. Their shoes are terribly uncomfortable, and I haven't bought shoes there in years. I agree with the others who said they are surprised that Kohl's is still open but they offer promotions Sears and JC Penney don't, especially if you have the credit card, so I think that helps some.
Every store sucks at the moment with the 70s look, muted colors, body shirts, weird ruffles, bell sleeves and cold shoulder looks. Can't wait for all of this stuff to go away.

I have never found Kohls to be a good source for a work wardrobe. It seems to be better for weekend looks. I think NY and Co is the best source of cheaper professional clothing.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:35 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Cotton was never "high" quality - it's only seen as quality now because at least it's natural. It's not in the same group as wool, silk, or linen.
I guess it depends on how one defines quality...to me, that's durability and relative ease of care. Cotton matches the above fibers in the former department , and exceeds them in the latter.

I literally never buy anything linen, ever, and very rarely wool or silk. At Kohl's or anywhere.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:49 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,367 times
I haven't shopped at Kohl's in over a decade. But, even back then I felt the quality was subpar. So, I can't imagine what it looks like today.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:02 AM

564 posts, read 449,067 times
Kohl's pricing games keeps me from shopping there. Vegas is clearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty