Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
My clean clothes don't have an offensive odor that needs covering up. I just happen to LIKE the scent of fabric softners, so I use them.

Yeah, I figure a lot of people like the scent of strong, fake perfume on their clothes; otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't bother selling it.

As a sidenote:
Many hospitals, clinics, dental offices, etc., have signs posted requesting people (both employees and patients) to not wear perfumes or perfumed items. I love that! That is the rule in the places I go to and have worked at.

A few years ago I had to spend the night in the hospital and everything was fine until the morning nurse came into the room and ALL I could smell was her nasty fabric softner. I knew it was fabric softner; there's just no mistaking that fake odor. (I always wonder if the people who use it are aware of that.)

Since she didn't get the workplace memo, or even read the signs in her own workplace, I felt I had to report her on the survey handed out to patients. I KNOW I'm not the only one who would have been bothered by that; otherwise there wouldn't be the rule. It's like: "Hey, we're in the hospital and we don't feel good, so please stop invading the space with that nastiness!"... geez!

Last edited by geebabe; 01-11-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hubby has taken to powdering his manly parts with baby powder in hot weather. This just seems wrong....to make your nuggets smell like a baby.
This is a common misconception. Baby powder is not actually made of babies. So called "Baby" powder is actually made of a powdered, finely textured clay. Babies have little to nothing to do with its production or its scent.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:57 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Tiffany perfume.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:08 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
This is a common misconception. Baby powder is not actually made of babies. So called "Baby" powder is actually made of a powdered, finely textured clay. Babies have little to nothing to do with its production or its scent.
ROTFLMAO! Post of the day!

Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,631 times
Quote:
LOL.

Patchouli. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:37 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
Quote:
Next you're going to tell us baby oil is not made by squeezing babies....

Old 01-11-2018, 12:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Patchouli. Makes me sick to my stomach.
I apparently have been living my whole life under a rock. I Googled "Patchouli scent" and still don't believe I've ever encountered it.

For me, it's the amplitude of the scent that bothers me. I'm on a business trip to the Denver office. The guy in the next office uses some cologne you can smell from 30 feet away. It takes minutes to disperse after he walks by.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Hyacinth. Awapuhi. Peonies.
Pine Sol. MJ . boiled cabbage.

( My most liked: patchouli,ginger, honeysuckle, brewed coffee, old spice)

Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
PATCHOULI

AKA the smell of death. It literally enrages me.

The other smell I can't stand is the smell of baby powder. It feels like I just walked past someone who didn't shower and just tossed on some baby powder to cover it up.
LOL, baby powder is one of my favorite scents.

I don't like heavy florals, too cloying, and I don't like "baked goods" type scents unless they are, in fact, baked goods.

Heavy, musky/amber type scents are hit and miss with me. I actually liked some patchouli as a teen/young adult, but I prefer it much less these days.

I mostly prefer very light, clean scents with citrus notes, or herbal notes, like rosemary or lavender.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:52 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Chemical smell of someone having their nails or hair done. Not sure which but it is a smell that gets me to walk out of a room. I have my hair cut from this guy that rents a chair in a salon. Can not take that chemical smell. I try to get in there first thing on a Saturday morning before the Hens get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty