Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 05:00 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,716,629 times

Advertisements

There are so many options now. I find myself super confused on what to buy. So I am wondering what made you decide to get the foundation you got or makeup in general. Why did u choose that specific one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 06:20 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,542,948 times
I went through a lengthy trial-and-error period trying to find a medium- to full-coverage foundation that didn't leave me oily by the end of the day. Currently I'm using the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I'm fairly happy with the color match and how long it wears. But I'm thinking of trying the Maybelline SuperStay, based on great reviews I've been seeing.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:38 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,756,813 times
Saw this article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/s...for-aging.html

Decided to try a few of the products recommended including the Armani Maestro foundation. Every single product I tried was wonderful.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 PM

219 posts, read 163,216 times
I have just recently switched to IT Cosmetics foundation and love it. It goes on smoothly and matches my skintone which is difficult. It also lasts longer than my previous foundation and doesn't get cakey. I love that I am able to order it, and most of my other skincare products, online from b-glowing for convenience. My concealer also matches it which I had a problem with on my previous one despite them being the foundation and concealer being the same brand.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:59 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,716,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I went through a lengthy trial-and-error period trying to find a medium- to full-coverage foundation that didn't leave me oily by the end of the day. Currently I'm using the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I'm fairly happy with the color match and how long it wears. But I'm thinking of trying the Maybelline SuperStay, based on great reviews I've been seeing.
That's the problem I have, I end up engaging in trial/error phase for too long. I don't wear foundation regularly so makeup seem to expire before I can finish them. I have 3 different samples now & I can't tell too much diff. And so many foundation looks good. Before the limiting factor was finding my shade. As brown girl MAC was the best option. But this time there are more options & I can't commit. The samples don't give me great pic either. Few months ago I became obsess with drugstore foundation & finally brought one after listening to many review. I hated it after first application & got over that phase

I am curious how others make decision on foundation. The price isn't too different btw different brand of same class. Most foundation seem to have medium coverage. Like I mentioned the shade can be found in many brand now

Old 02-03-2018, 11:22 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,118,891 times
I only use Dermablend products, usually the cover cream.

Started using it in 2010 because my hormones were whacked out from the female surgery I had in 2003 & my Melasma (cholasma) came back full force.

Cholasma is brownish patches that develop on the face during pregnancy. I’m predisposed to it due to being of Mediterranean descent. It first appeared when I was pregnant with my now 23 year old son & faded after he was born.

Every subsequent pregnancy it would come back, then go away after baby came. I had the surgery when my youngest was born in 2003 & for the first time, it didn’t completely fade. Around 6 years later it started to darken on its own (when it happens while not pregnant it’s called Melasma)& I was desperate!

Dermablend can cover full color tattoos & it actually worked. I had the surgery reversed in 2014 & it’s almost completely faded now but I’m still insecure about it, after going for years with people saying “You have something on your face ...” & looking like I had been under the hood of my car with a smudge of motor oil on my cheeks.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:34 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,137,118 times
While living in Phoenix, I wore Estée Lauder Double Wear. It did a great job of staying put through the hottest day or long day at work. It didn't melt off like a lot of foundations did in the heat.

Currently I'm wearing Boots foundation. I ran out, happened to be in Target, and didn't feel like a run to Macy's. Boots is pretty good for the price, it looks natural. Don't know what to use in the future, but it will have to hold up in the rain.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:17 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,087,734 times
I try to match the color of my neck and chest for consistency, and I always look for one with SPF 30 or higher to help ward off wrinkles and discoloration from the sun. It would be awesome if it happens to moisturize too.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:24 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,341,966 times
The foundation in the link provided is a big pricey for many people. I've been wearing a Cover Girl Hydrating foundation but am finding it cakes up by the end of the day no matter how much moisturizer and primer I use. Also tried Loreal Visible Lift with the same issue. My sister gave me some Clinique CC foundation that was too light for her complexion and I'm going to try that this week. Otherwise I may have to splurge on a better brand at Macy's or Dillards.

I don't wear foundation that often since I only work two days a week so I don't want to spend $50 for make-up that will get rancid after a while.

Anybody like the mineral foundations or are they too drying for mature skin? (I'm 63).

Old 02-04-2018, 06:59 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
I use a mineral powder foundation because I have oily, sensitive skin.

OP you didn't say what you're looking for in a foundation--coverage? anti-aging? mattifying? moisturizing?

For darker-skinned women I've heard really good things about Rihanna's Fenty brand. If you're near a Sephora I'd start there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty