Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:20 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,572,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well we all go through "selection process" differently of course, but SOMETHING still comes first - at least not being completely repulsed by the looks of the person approaching you. The presence of library card ( or the lack of thereof) comes next.
So looks are still important in a sense that they bring us the initial information about the person; at that some can read more from this initial information than others.

Ah...Givi. That was his nom de guerre.
Yes I like this picture very much; I don't think that he was photogenic at all, but this particular picture captured his essence very well. Objectively, he was a handsome man I believe, but he was not a movie star - he was a field commander, loved by his friends and feared by his enemies.
He is not even my type - I wouldn't be interested in a slightest, if I'd met him in real life.
But the news of his death was hard to accept a bit more than year ago.
So I guess it's a tribute - there was something about him, his life, his beliefs, his personality.
It's really all about politics, I didn't expect this to become a subject in "Fashion and Beauty" section.
Oh, I was just making a naughty joke about "hard things" in pockets, and how you could tell if they had a library card. It's my warped sense of humor, sorry. Kind of like Mae West's "Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me." That was a pretty shocking thing to say back in the day.

Yeah, what I say I'm attracted to, and what I end up getting are usually worlds apart . Hence the 3 bad marriages. Some day I'll learn, if I live long enough, lol. I'm running out of time. Or maybe I should just take the rest of my life off, and do other things.

I had to look this up. nom de guerre
"An assumed name under which a person engages in combat or some other activity or enterprise." Sounds intriguing.

The photo looks like something from a spy movie, very macho/military in a good way. What is the origin of his name? The search said the usage was Georgian, and the origin possibly Persian. I thought maybe Israeli, but couldn't tell. It is fascinating whatever it is. So sorry for the loss. May his memory be for blessing .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Oh, I was just making a naughty joke about "hard things" in pockets, and how you could tell if they had a library card. It's my warped sense of humor, sorry. Kind of like Mae West's "Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me." That was a pretty shocking thing to say back in the day.
I got it first time around, no worries. But I was bringing a point across, still, that no matter how some would like to deny it, looks are still important for a first appraisal ( and everyone has a different idea of what "attractive" is.)

Quote:
Yeah, what I say I'm attracted to, and what I end up getting are usually worlds apart .
Yes, it happens too)))

Quote:
Hence the 3 bad marriages. Some day I'll learn, if I live long enough, lol. I'm running out of time. Or maybe I should just take the rest of my life off, and do other things.
My best advise for you ( not that you need my advise) in this situation would be to take big breath, to step back, and to analyse it all, to give it a thought why you were married to these particular people, what went wrong, from what point on and why.
Only then you can decide what you want to do next. Don't rush. You are not running out of time, but understanding those things IS important, before you turn in whichever direction.

Quote:
I had to look this up. nom de guerre
"An assumed name under which a person engages in combat or some other activity or enterprise." Sounds intriguing.

The photo looks like something from a spy movie, very macho/military in a good way.
Agree with all that.

Quote:
What is the origin of his name? The search said the usage was Georgian, and the origin possibly Persian. I thought maybe Israeli, but couldn't tell. It is fascinating whatever it is.
It IS a Georgian name, but since back in ancient history Georgia was part of Persia, the origin of this name might as well be Persian. ( Never thought of it, to me it was always a typical Georgian name, as typical as it gets. )
However "Givi" was not his real name, his REAL name was quite prosaic - Michael, and he considered himself to be Russian, not Georgian, even though some of his ancestors ( great-grand father?) was of the Georgian origin. This heritage was quite obvious in his looks, and that's how "Givi" as a nick name came about.
If you like this kind of looks, you are in the wrong part of the world ( US I assume?) because they belong to somewhere in Southern Europe, and partially to Caucasus.
Since your first guess was "Israeli," you are most likely not familiar with the looks of native Georgians - it's sort of a borderline between European and ethnic, and it can be very handsome. ( And yes, the culture is VERY macho indeed.

Here is the video that gives an idea of their looks - both men and women. ( Since we are in "Fashion and Beauty" forum anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtq9JnCiY8

Quote:
So sorry for the loss. May his memory be for blessing .
That's how I feel too.
Even though there are a lot of people out there who hated him.

Last edited by erasure; 05-23-2018 at 10:39 PM..

Old 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,122 times
Well they didn't ask me and like much of the "polls" out there I disagree.

It's all about the ass. And the narrow "Adonis" hips. And the biceps. And if they can easily pick me up!

But honestly? The dude has got to be kind, especially to old people and animals. He also needs to be honest and real, about who he really is, from the beginning. Don't pretend to be who you think I want.

A huge bonus is a guy who does the food shopping! That is actually a big turn on, IMO.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:37 AM

606 posts, read 730,728 times
Legs? I thought the women were looking at something else slightly north of my legs, lol.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,485,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
OMG! I thought I was the only one. Thighs, calves and feet. That was a nice distraction.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Thank god it wasn't eyes, the only thing I can't lift with.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:19 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,928,353 times
Most preferences are a product of brainwashing. Females are brainwashed into desiring tall, strong men. At the end of the day, there is no rule that says the man has to be taller. The fabric of spacetime won't be disrupted if women start marrying shorter guys.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:28 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Thank god it wasn't eyes, the only thing I can't lift with.
I admit this made me laugh.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Not surprised by this. Working the leg muscles hard at the gym on the weight machines definitely pays dividends. I know this from personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty