Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:58 PM

371 posts, read 366,135 times

Advertisements

question for some of you who really know the LV brand. Last Sunday I went to my local LV store to purchase the Melie bag in the monogram collection. The sales girl said they were out of stock of that one but would call around to other stores that may have it. She came back and said they were all out except a could east coast stores but says they are returns since the handbag is 2016 and it's officially discontinued in 2 days . My husband called t he main number and the woman said there was a store in Chicago that had one so we had i t over night the bag. I don't know, but the bag arrived in 2 LV bags, not a LV box and it just looked crammed in. I did examine the bag itself but I could not tell if it was used or not. The salesgirl at my local LV store said if I didnt like it to return it to them and she stated the Melie bag because LV always comes up with a similar bag so maybe I would prefer to wait for that one. I really do not know what to do at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 01:22 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I have no idea what you are asking - if you don't like your purchase, return it.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:32 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,515,138 times
I agree, if you’re not happy, return it.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:08 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,512 times
Return if you are not happy. I’ve had great luck with them online. You can get that bag there too

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/search/melie

Old 06-01-2018, 09:52 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have no idea what you are asking - if you don't like your purchase, return it.
She wants to know if it's used or not. We wouldn't know that ...

Agree, if unhappy, return.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:27 PM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
If you can’t tell if it’s used, what difference does it make?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:01 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Unless it's going to sit in a pristine glass encased box, not to be utilized. Then by all means , consider it used.
Have it returned. That is quite the investment so best to be assured it's to your standards.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:29 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If you can’t tell if it’s used, what difference does it make?
If you're going to spend the ridiculous sum of $2,000 for a mere bag, you should at least have the peace of mind of knowing that it's pristine.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 PM

189 posts, read 166,228 times
My understanding is that LV does not sell used bags. Even those in the store displays are for trying on, but you should get a new, pristine bag to purchase. Also not all LV bags come in boxes either. I’d check with the store for this particular bag.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:27 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
Finally an interested thread !!!!

They do not sell used bags, but like any store it does not mean they do not accept returns.

I went to Chanel last month and was really annoyed that they had damaged bags for sale.

I asked about one bag, but wanted ensure I would not getting the floor model as it was scratched.

She said that unfortunately they did not have another one at the location.

The bag cost $8000. Maybe they should be a bit more careful with their floor models as if spending that kind of money on a bag I would not be okay with getting one with damage.

You bag could have also been a floor model. I am a little surprised that still even have the bag if it is 2 years old.

I would return it.

No discount should mean no damage.

These types of stores do not offer discounts so they should not be selling stuff with damage.

If it is going to come damaged you are better offering getting a used one from e-bay.

There are loads of website and stores selling authentic LV bags.

Sooo ... why have one when you could have 4 !!!

Or you could always tell them straight out that you are unhappy with the condition of the bag and if they are willing to offer a discount for the condition you would consider keeping it. I have done this a few times and even managers a high end retails stores do have some things they can do to satisfy customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty