Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 03:01 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm...I wasn't asked to wear something in particular but at the end of a first date he asked me to "get up and twirl around" because I'd gotten to the restaurant before him and I guess he wanted to be sure of what he'd be getting. Yeah, no second date was decided well before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 04:43 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
I don't think my wife has ever asked me to wear any particular type of clothing.

I maintain a dress uniform to wear during any formal events. I have junked all of my old work uniforms.

When I was on Active Duty, my Dw would never allow my work uniforms to enter into the house. They smelled pretty bad, so beyond laundering them, they had to be stored out in the garage. [subs have a very distinctive odor that soaks into the fabric and cannot be washed out. Clothing taken underwater will always stink, forever]

I used to wear western cut shirts, and I like them with mother of pearl snaps instead of buttons. But my wife does not like the snaps.

I have a couple 'bolo' style neckties, my Dw has forbidden me from wearing them. I have a large assortment of neckties, but in recent years I have stopped wearing ties. As my beard has grown out, you really can not see if I have a tie on, or not.

When I was single, my primary vehicle was a motorcycle. Most of the time I wore levis. Then I discovered that they make black levis, and at night the clubs would not let me in if I was wearing blue demin, but black levis at night look like slacks, so I could go into clubs. Now 30 years later I still keep a few black levis around if I have somewhere semi-formal to attend.

I mostly wear a dark t-shirt and levis.

I also have a few suits; black, grey with dark pinstripes, brown, and one with a Navy Blue coat and light grey slacks [it looks okay in a group of 40 guys all wearing the same, but by itself, I think it looks sad. One group I attend wears that suit a lot. I perform a ceremony at their funerals, so wearing that specific suit is required].

I own two kilts. One is a formal dress kilt that was made for me when I lived in Scotland. It is the festive 'parade' tartan of my family lineage. My second kilt is of the older primitive style [you lay-out the fabric and fold it each time before you put it on], I was taught how to wear it when I lived in Scotland. That kilt is of 'BlackWatch' [the mercenary] tartan. I thought it was appropriate at the time given my professional career field.

My Dw asks me all the time, to comment on whatever she puts on. Mostly I do not care.

When my Dw was in her 20s I liked to see an occasional flash of her legs, or cleavage. But then she put on an extra 300 pounds. Now as we approach 60, she lost 100 pounds one year. The resulting stretch-marks and lose flaps of skin are better off not seen.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:58 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
My husband likes me to wear dresses, but we rarely go out now to places where I would feel that a dress is appropriate (our mutual choice). Frankly, since I have mostly retired, I dress more for my own comfort than with the aim of pleasing anyone else.

As far as my husband's clothing, I really don't care except that I HATE it when he wears T-shirts tucked in to shorts, and I think that is such an old man look, and especially because he is 62 and has a fat tummy (he's 6'2'' and now weighs about 240). I think he looks best in a tucked in polo shirt and pleated khakis.

But when I was younger, I loved the way he (and most men) looked in a turtleneck, either with or without a cozy sweater. Just made me want to cuddle with him.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hmmmm...I wasn't asked to wear something in particular but at the end of a first date he asked me to "get up and twirl around" because I'd gotten to the restaurant before him and I guess he wanted to be sure of what he'd be getting. Yeah, no second date was decided well before that.
LOL! That's weird.

I am willing to entertain an outfit preference if it is something I already have. I.e. fit and flare dress. Or something I would wear. But if it is too far out of my box, I'm not into it.

re: anonymous rep comment
I did find the fit and flare dress request from this guy surprising only because he was into butts. And while they definitely great for bust/waist/maybe legs. They definitely aren't the best for giving someone a great look at you butt.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:23 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
I just read your post to my wife and, after she stopped laughing so hard, said I can wear whatever I want to wear. I'm a big boy now and don't have to have her approval on my clothes.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I just read your post to my wife and, after she stopped laughing so hard, said I can wear whatever I want to wear. I'm a big boy now and don't have to have her approval on my clothes.
Hey, some people are turned on by outfits

Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 AM

82 posts, read 79,005 times
I dated a guy that wanted me to dress like a ****, I never understood that mentality but I’m not really comfortable dressing that sexy. A little sexy is a ok to me but I just don’t have the body and look to pull it off without looking nasty. In particular he wanted to me to wear shorts and he liked the high waisted shorts that were cutoff with your ass hanging out. He also wanted me to wear bright colors and heels with everything. It was too much for me. Then again I have dated men in the past who didn’t want me to dress so provocatively but most of them did.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:49 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
My husband used to want me to wear lingerie. He was also a big fan of high heels with blue jeans. Fortunately, he's grown out of both. He's still crazy about seeing me in an apron, and that's fine because it's not uncomfortable.

For his clothes, I don't really want to choose them, but he refuses to shop, so he gets what I pick. The only thing he'll buy for himself is t-shirts with gun logos, but mostly he only wears those around the house.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:54 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
My husband always comments favorably when I wear prints. I don’t tend to wear them very often.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:04 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
My reaction to that comment would have been, "Sure - you can watch me twirl my way right out of your life." LOL What a bizarre thing to say to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty