Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:53 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times

Advertisements

Just wondering.

I wear pjs around the house every day I don't have to dress to go out. Never sleep in them, just wear them because of the comfort. Have quite a few pairs since I wear them a lot.

But they don't last very long. The elastic in the pants gets stretched out, buttons disappear, stains ie coffee on occasion. Mostly it's the elastic that's worrisome. I know the dryer doesn't help, but I also don't want to hang them up wet to avoid heat from the dryer...so I try to dry them on low settings.

So, how often do you purchase new pjs or gowns etc.??? Do they wear out in a few years???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 11:18 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,482,937 times
Probably 10-12+ years for flannel; less for thinner cottons.

I get a lot of mileage out of them because I have lots of them, so I don't wear each that often. Also, I only wear them to sleep. I don't lounge around the house in pajamas and nightgowns. So mine don't get much wear and tear.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:05 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,429,938 times
I wear an oversized T-Shirts to bed and around the house. If you hang dry your PJs, they will last longer.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Just wondering.

I wear pjs around the house every day I don't have to dress to go out. Never sleep in them, just wear them because of the comfort. Have quite a few pairs since I wear them a lot.

But they don't last very long. The elastic in the pants gets stretched out, buttons disappear, stains ie coffee on occasion. Mostly it's the elastic that's worrisome. I know the dryer doesn't help, but I also don't want to hang them up wet to avoid heat from the dryer...so I try to dry them on low settings.

So, how often do you purchase new pjs or gowns etc.??? Do they wear out in a few years???
Interesting. I sleep naked, and I only wear the pj bottoms and a tee shirt around the house in case the doorbell rings. Thus, they don't get much wear, and they are line dried so they burned up in a dryer.

I replaced the last pair after about five years only because I tore them.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:00 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,304,488 times
I only wear long pajamas when it is cold and here in Florida it rarely is. I usually wear a nightshirt or shortie pajamas and they last a long time. I have two pairs from when I was an extra large and now I'm a medium so they don't want to stay up. I guess I'm going to have buy some new ones. If I'm not going anywhere and just staying around the house I usually wear leggings and a t-shirt or in the summer a pair of shorts and a tank top.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,232,819 times
I use them only in the winter, with good weather I sleep naked.

I buy a new ones each year. (3 sets per year) the old ones go to the trash...

Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM

I know this is a ridiculous topic...but the pants wear out the elastic so quickly....
might have to hang dry somewhere...not allowed to have clothes line in my area. Or dry really slowly in dryer, on low.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:42 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,535,926 times
Wish I could have a clothesline too ... especially for sheets. We aren't allowed clothespoles with lines either. I have a screened porch so I am thinking of putting anchors on the frame and running a clothesline across (inside) the porch. D'ya think I'll get in 'trouble' with the HOA ?? Only on the 'nice' days though.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:01 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I know this is a ridiculous topic...but the pants wear out the elastic so quickly....
might have to hang dry somewhere...not allowed to have clothes line in my area. Or dry really slowly in dryer, on low.
Well, are these cheapie PJs from Walmart or Kohl’s? If so, maybe buy better quality?

Old 03-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well, are these cheapie PJs from Walmart or Kohl’s? If so, maybe buy better quality?
No cheapies....usually Vermont Country Store, online. I must be expecting too much since I wear them all day instead of sleeping in them...and have used the dryer in the past. The pants elastic stretches out after 3 years or so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty