Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 09:17 PM

296 posts, read 440,331 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have suggestion for men's clothing brand that is similar (closer the match the better) in style, quality and pricing to Jos. A. Bank ? The local stores seem to price everything at the retail price, and I got spoiled with getting items on specials from their outlet store in Atlanta, where I lived before. Anyone know where else the company has outlet stores? Their website is of no help on this front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,231,082 times
You know, if you like Banks, just shop there. You said it yourself: you were spoiled. I do imagine the retail stores run sales or specials. Perhaps they have an incentive program for regular customers.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:39 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,381,917 times
Not sure where you're located, but is there a Men's Warehouse nearby? At least in my mind they are the same place.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:52 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,393,117 times
Yes, Men’s Wearhouse. They have big end-of-season markdowns. They also give out a lot of big coupons (like $50 off, etc.) and I think the service is pretty good. I buy suits/dress clothes for my teenage sons there. I had custom suits made for them there too, which are very nice. They carry Calvin Klein and Joseph Abboud, and I think the quality is pretty decent, considering what my kids put their clothes through.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,382,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Not sure where you're located, but is there a Men's Warehouse nearby? At least in my mind they are the same place.
They're owned by the same company - and have the same discounting or sales practices (buy one, get one free or 50%). Fairly similiar lines of apparel IME.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:31 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Men's warehouse acquired Banks a few years bank which is why the latter no longer has the big buy 1 get 2 free type of sales.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:14 PM

296 posts, read 440,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Men's warehouse acquired Banks a few years bank which is why the latter no longer has the big buy 1 get 2 free type of sales.
The retail stores occasionally have the 3 for 100 sale on shirts. But I liked that until I discovered the outlet store (in GA) where I could very easily get hold of the stuff I wanted for what I'd consider pennies. e.g. I bought several white non-iron shirts for 12 bucks including taxes - all Jos A Banks branded. Short sleeve linen shirts by Joseph Aboud etc. for $10 on clearance. Johnston Murphy dress shoes for $39 that were never less than $120 at Johnston Murphy's own outlet store. All of my shirts by Jos A Banks have lasted 4-5 years minimum, and they still look new. The quality and pricing was unbeatable. But the outlet stores aren't too many. There was one in Atlanta, and I can't find another one in MN where I now live. Based on my online research, there are only a handful of outlet stores across the country, so Atlanta was lucky to have one.

I haven't visited men's wearhouse for a while, but the last I visited I did not like the quality of their clothing and the presentation of their stores. In my eyes, Jos A Bank >>> Men's wearhouse.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:29 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,393,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayr2go View Post
The retail stores occasionally have the 3 for 100 sale on shirts. But I liked that until I discovered the outlet store (in GA) where I could very easily get hold of the stuff I wanted for what I'd consider pennies. e.g. I bought several white non-iron shirts for 12 bucks including taxes - all Jos A Banks branded. Short sleeve linen shirts by Joseph Aboud etc. for $10 on clearance. Johnston Murphy dress shoes for $39 that were never less than $120 at Johnston Murphy's own outlet store. All of my shirts by Jos A Banks have lasted 4-5 years minimum, and they still look new. The quality and pricing was unbeatable. But the outlet stores aren't too many. There was one in Atlanta, and I can't find another one in MN where I now live. Based on my online research, there are only a handful of outlet stores across the country, so Atlanta was lucky to have one.

I haven't visited men's wearhouse for a while, but the last I visited I did not like the quality of their clothing and the presentation of their stores. In my eyes, Jos A Bank >>> Men's wearhouse.
But Men’s Wearhouse carries all the above brands you mentioned - Joseph Abboud shirts, Johnston Murphy shoes, etc. so the quality should be the same... Every shirt we get from Men’s Wearhouse is Joseph Abboud... and we always have 2 for 1 coupons. And then when you buy something they give you a big coupon to use next time.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:06 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,472,890 times
lol at Jos A Banks.

There is no MSRP with that store. The deep discounts they give are the regular price.

If you paid retail you paid entirely too much.

I figured everyone knew this by now.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:30 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,309,910 times
My husband and I were just discussing that he needs some new shirts. He mentioned Jos A Banks. Maybe with Father's Day coming up there will be some sales. I think.

My go to store is Dillard's. I used to shop end of season clearance sales. Prices have gone up in recent years, but I know I used to buy the shirts my husband wanted for less than $10. You might start watching sales in June/July to see if you can find a good deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty