Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:09 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,789,456 times

Advertisements

Carhartt jeans or duck trousers, flannel shirts, green mill jacket, Redwing or Wolverine work shoes, bandana tied around head, hotmill gloves with big cuffs, 30 year old American Bridge hat. Now you're lookin' cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 11:14 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,207,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Carhartt jeans or duck trousers, flannel shirts, green mill jacket, Redwing or Wolverine work shoes, bandana tied around head, hotmill gloves with big cuffs, 30 year old American Bridge hat. Now you're lookin' cool.
Where do you live?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,280,390 times
Upstate NY - The look is strctly LLBean around here.

Cargo pants and especially cargo shorts w lots of pockets,
Jeans and short sleeved or long sleeved t-shirts (without logos) often v-neck for women, or collared golf shirts,
summer skirts for working women or dress pants and blouce, men according to job,
For both men and women - Sneakers or boat shoes (these are derigeur), and leather clogs,
Those English looking bucket hats, Tilley hats, and baseball caps but most often a visor.

Fall to winter - Scarves, hats, gloves, and a warm jacket of varying weight depending on the changing weather. Boots in snow from hiking style to heavily padded.

Last edited by Sgoldie; 06-03-2008 at 12:43 AM..

Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,485,316 times
I just saw another one around here that annoys me...girls in pajama bottoms...on the bus!
Is this not the most ghetto? It looks like they were too lazy to get dressed so they come out in pajamas and slippers. Is this a new fashion or is it just here?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Upstate NY - The look is strctly LLBean around here.
I guess LL Bean is to there as thrift store is to here

Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,584,026 times
I hate to say how unattractive almost every single person in my area dresses regularly. The 'uniform' of women involves pajama style pants w/ an elastic waste, hair thrown up carelessly in a clip, logo-t shirts three sizes too big and CROCS. The teenage girls look almost as bad, wearing pajamas and flip flops. Men aren't much better but at least a lot of them seem to be a little less sloppy.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM

501 posts, read 1,948,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I just saw another one around here that annoys me...girls in pajama bottoms...on the bus!
Is this not the most ghetto? It looks like they were too lazy to get dressed so they come out in pajamas and slippers. Is this a new fashion or is it just here?
lol...I've seen that here too..mostly they're high school people...high schoolers here wear anything and everything! I do remember we actually had a "pajama day" during spirit weeks at my hs...that was pretty much the only time pajamas were acceptable outside the house, IMO...

Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM

564 posts, read 2,344,447 times
A ballcap, either Realtree Camo or Arkansas Razorbacks, and any combination of an old t-shirt and jeans. For the college kids, substitute jeans for khaki shorts.

Women actually have a little bit of variety here.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 AM

Just a forum reminder,when responding about 'your area' could you go into your profile thingie and enter some sort of location so we know what you're referring to...thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,621,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
lol--yes- college students sometimes do that at Kroger-lol, of course i think it depends what state u are in- I went to college in NY- we didnt wear pajamas in public

And whats the story with those plastic clogs? If I see one more pair in a hideous color, it will be too soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty