Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 09:43 AM

91 posts, read 65,299 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with these products? I’m highly interested in them but they are only available online. I have a very bad track record of color matching makeup with online purchases. The fact I would have to ship these back vs walking into a store to return has me hesitant. Many of the reviews are paid for reviews so I’m getting mixed feedback. I would love to hear from someone who has actually tried this product!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2023, 06:53 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
If you're interested in them because of the more natural no-makeup makeup look, maybe consider Merit Beauty, which you can try at Sephora. I love love love Merit. It's my go-to everyday look.

I was curious about Jones Road, but then I saw so many reviews stating that the Miracle Balm separates in the container and looks messy. Ick.

The only thing I feel that Merit is missing is some sort of setting powder. And I'm not particularly fond of their mascara, so I use my tried and true L'Oreal Lash Paradise.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:29 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalElegance View Post
Does anyone have any experience with these products? I’m highly interested in them but they are only available online. I have a very bad track record of color matching makeup with online purchases. The fact I would have to ship these back vs walking into a store to return has me hesitant. Many of the reviews are paid for reviews so I’m getting mixed feedback. I would love to hear from someone who has actually tried this product!
A lot of the reviews also say that this make up is highly scented. With some saying it smells like old lady. Highly perfumed.

I have mainly seen a number of the influencers use the foundation completely wrong. It is not a high coverage foundation. It’s more like a very heavy tinted moisturizer, as in highly moisturizing. A lot of emollience. If you have really dry skin, like me, and don’t need to cover tons of stuff this might be fine.

I have walked away from foundation and tinted moisturizer completely. I don’t need it, and I really don’t like it. With my very dry skin I have put together skin care that works, and when I start adding things into it to tinker — it just doesn’t work. I’m either way too oily, which I’m always like how does that happen, or it’s not moisturizing enough. And I really only have two spots of redness from the rosacea. I don’t need foundation.

I discovered glossier stretch concealer. Works under my eyes, and is my exact skin shade, I mean exact G 12 is perfect. So a little bit of that on those red blotches and they’re gone.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:48 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If you're interested in them because of the more natural no-makeup makeup look, maybe consider Merit Beauty, which you can try at Sephora. I love love love Merit. It's my go-to everyday look.

I was curious about Jones Road, but then I saw so many reviews stating that the Miracle Balm separates in the container and looks messy. Ick.

The only thing I feel that Merit is missing is some sort of setting powder. And I'm not particularly fond of their mascara, so I use my tried and true L'Oreal Lash Paradise.
I really disliked the Merritt myself. Purchased a few items and ended up returning them all. They made my face itch and also within an hour I looked like I hadn't put a thing on. Not in a good way.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:52 PM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalElegance View Post
Aren't they expensive for what they are? I would google a dupe for them. I can't stand something like that on my face and I find the balm messy. I like Laura Geller's baked foundation which I swipe on quickly using a big
brush. Got it really cheap on Black Friday deals with free shipping. But you might like the balm if you have drier skin.

Old 06-06-2023, 11:48 AM

91 posts, read 65,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
A lot of the reviews also say that this make up is highly scented. With some saying it smells like old lady. Highly perfumed.

I have mainly seen a number of the influencers use the foundation completely wrong. It is not a high coverage foundation. It’s more like a very heavy tinted moisturizer, as in highly moisturizing. A lot of emollience. If you have really dry skin, like me, and don’t need to cover tons of stuff this might be fine.

I have walked away from foundation and tinted moisturizer completely. I don’t need it, and I really don’t like it. With my very dry skin I have put together skin care that works, and when I start adding things into it to tinker — it just doesn’t work. I’m either way too oily, which I’m always like how does that happen, or it’s not moisturizing enough. And I really only have two spots of redness from the rosacea. I don’t need foundation.

I discovered glossier stretch concealer. Works under my eyes, and is my exact skin shade, I mean exact G 12 is perfect. So a little bit of that on those red blotches and they’re gone.
Thanks for pointing out that it’s highly scented. This likely won’t work for me then as I have dry and sensitive skin.

I wear Ilia most days but for professional reasons like a more professionally put together look. I have a lot of red in my skin so I need coverage. Powders generally don’t last long
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty