Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 AM

484 posts, read 854,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like we need any more fakeness in the world. Maybe if people actually did things that made them happy instead of pretend a fake veneer that everything is ok when it's not the world would be a better place.
I disagree people have veneers crowns implants for many reasons one of which is good dental care to correct a problem. It would be a ugly world if we had to deal with people with bad or missing teeth and btw. bad teeth can cause heart disease and or get into your immune system and kill you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I had no idea there was even a product like that out there....I think it's kinda neat, and a lot cheaper than getting your real teeth fixed....I guess it's really no different than the fake fingernails some people have.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like we need any more fakeness in the world. Maybe if people actually did things that made them happy instead of pretend a fake veneer that everything is ok when it's not the world would be a better place.
I'd bet that if people could AFFORD to get their teeth fixed properly they'd prefer to do that, and that WOULD make them happy Trimac20....reasonably priced dental care WOULD make the world a better place.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM

3 posts, read 4,666 times
Dear fellow sufferers of the crook Dental profession.

I've had the misfortune of inheriting my father's tormenting tooth genes. My life and enough money to buy a small house
somewhere inexpensive has been about root canals, bridges, crowns, gum infections, negligent or stupid dentists and
now this creepy so-called snap on teeth. I put mine away never to be worn again after my stupid dentist pulled off
a bridge taking it off (and wanted me to pay to re cement the bridge!! All they care about is the money and hype.
I was missing a few teeth and her wonderful partials (also hundreds of dollars flushed down the toilet) weren't working.

she suggested this wonder called snap on teeth. I got the upper arch which took five weeks to make and couldn't
believe the horror! I was drooling and lisping, couldn't close my mouth, they weren't sparkly white, they kept my
jaw in an open position which drove my TMJ crazy. $1500 for a useless, harmful piece of crap which is for cosmetic
purposes and temporary is a sinful waste of money (especially these days). You can't eat with them, they will break
apart eventually. Unless you are in a beauty pageant they serve no purpose in the long run. Stick with partials and
if you can afford it bridges and crowns. I would recommend veneers ; they're expensive but I've had a good experience
with them. Right now, I can't take anymore financial loss. I have to see the witch tomorrow because a crown has
gone bad. Since we had a blow up over the snap ons she'll probably charge even more! Dentists should be regulated
since they get away with lousy work we have to pay for and make more money than brain surgeons. File complaints
with the FTC if you feel you were wronged by a Dentist;it's time for them to pay dues. She thinks I underpaid!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 4,666 times
you can't get your money back because they're "custom made".

Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,744,488 times
It's all so crazy huh? I first opened this thread, then Googled "Snap On Smile" and read how it is "affordable". Um, not really! I suppose if you have REALLY big problems then perhaps it is affordable but for what I need (fix gap) it would be cheaper to just properly fix my teeth the old fashioned way.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
Your snap on smile has to be done by a cosmetic dentist. Mine almost went to the lab until she realized that mine need to be smaller. My wife works in the dental field and she was floored when she saw them. They look very real. Believe me when I say they look real and you still have comfort. While wearing. You can eat with them....but chewing gum is impossible. Worth every dollar.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,250 times
I thought I did so much research..So I went ahead and bought the snap on smile and when they came in..they were HUGE..i looked like a horse..they looked fake on the gums..and I couldnt even shut my mouth..they sent them back for the one time change thing under warranty..and they are still too big for my mouth..they are very thick...I talk with a lysp..I was doing talking exercises and everything and it did not improve..you could definitely see the line for the gums so if you looked close..you would know they are fake. CANNOT EAT with them.. LIARSSSSSSS...they would practically come off any time i tried chewing..and that included pasta...soft foods..and if it wasnt falling off with every bite then food was getting in them ..so gross. ON TOP OF ALL THAT i could literally feel it moving my real teeth underneath..it would be sore and noticed it was actually making my real teeth worse..my teeth are tilted inwards in front and the snap on device was holding and pushing them inwards more..I WANT THE OPPOSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I HATE THEM AND COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY..anyone who gets them wears them to HOPEEE they will be worth the money they spent on them..EVEN though they were trying to SAVE MONEY but they stop wearing them because they are horrible. save up for real veneers..I am starting to save for my smile fund ALL OVER again..i had braces ..$5k down the drain..gum surgery..and then the snap on smile..hate that it cant be refunded..im so upset over it. DO NOT GET IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty