Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:56 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,938,904 times

Advertisements

I'm almost 40 and am having a tough time choosing skin care products. Mainly because I seem to have several skin issues and just can't figure it out because so many products seem to be geared towards only one issue. For example, I have fine lines, some discoloration, and some redness. Where do I even start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,238 times
Avon also has anti-aging cosmetics and naturals that might benefit you.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:47 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
My fav skin care products contain AHA's. I've had a few problems with adult acne in my early 20's so I had used that to keep that under control. It also kept my skin pretty smooth (since the cells are turning over more rapidly). But I'm on Retin A right now so I havent been using anything with fruit acids in it. Actually, I don't pile on the products anymore because it takes care of everything.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
I have a skin disease. I can't use any of it. Now what?

Old 08-09-2008, 04:38 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
My recommendation is to go to an esthetician (a good one) and get a facial. Any good esthetician will tell you what your skin type is, what your needs are etc. Many will try to sekk you their products but don't be afraid to ask what else they could recommend besides what they sale. I have never had one NOT tell me other good products I could use. But mainly they will tell you what your specific needs are. Also if you can't go regularly do go at least once a year because it is amazing how much our skin can change and the needs of our skin.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:02 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
I really like the Body Shop... it is all natural and my skin feels clean and fresh with it... I am only 30 but have begun using the eye cream and the Vitamin C stuff... I love it... you find all of the products at www.bodyshop.com (broken link) you can also find a consultant who will come to your home... maybe www.bodyshopathome.com is where yo would find one... I am really not sure... but I use a consultant and I love the product...

Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,405 times
Forty's a good time to start seeing a Dermatologist, Bande. He/she will recommend products and how-to's for you. Over the long run, it's worth what you'll pay since you won't waste anymore money on products that aren't right for you.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:23 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Check out bliss's anti-age lines.
It addresses all these issues.

I would start with an exfoliation method
And a skin brightener cream

Those two things will improve the total look of your skin, soften wrinkles, fade spots.

If I could buy the perfect set as a present for you:
The Bliss New Age Duo - bliss

Internal:
Take a multivitamin & fish oil pills (makes everyone look better)

Now when you say redness...where? texture?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 10,942 times
I would maybe start with a skin brightener, It will even out your complexion and take away all that redness and replace it with a natural glow. I have Rosacea, so I started using a skin brightener to see if it would help, It made a HUGE difference in the apperance of my skin! Especially, the all natural ingredient skin brighteners! Im not sure the name of it but this is the site I forward all my friends any family to! [URL="http://www.organicskinbrightener.com"]www.organicskinbrightener.com[/URL], hope it works for you! good luck

Old 04-21-2009, 06:38 PM

90 posts, read 286,061 times
If you don't want to buy anything just yet, you can get small samples of stuff from Sephora. They carry most of the lines, and you can ask them for a little sample to see how it works for you. I use different products from different lines, it took a while to find out what worked, and I am sure it will change. Currently, I am a fan of Juice Beauty line (I use their apple cream, apple peel and cleanser) - it's natural and it seems to work well for me. Some sales girls at Sephora are quite nice and may help you out with advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty