Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM

7 posts, read 20,985 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to Bentonville in the next couple of months and I could use some advice on neighborhoods.

I'm a SAHM with a 2.5 and 1.5 year old, so I'm looking for someplace with a lot of young families and hopefully neighbrhood amenities. I'm looking for something near Walmart HQ & walking distance to an elementary school. Does this exist? My research lleads me to believe it does, but hard to say without living there.

Any advice would be appreciated... Also advice on toddler friendly activities in the area. Great parks, bounce gyms, library events, children's museums???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 AM

2,398 posts, read 5,407,849 times
It might help if you'd define what a SAHM is?

Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,664 times
SAHM- Stay at home mom. I am one too btw, with 3 year old twins and a 1 year old! There is lots to do with toddlers around here, library events, the bookstores hold toddler story time in the mornings, there is a Little Gym in Rogers and a Gymborree in Bentonville.

OP, would you consider Rogers? I live in Whispering Timbers subdivision, just across the highway from Bentonville- 5 minutes drive to Walmart HQ, 10 minutes in rush hour. Regan Elementary is at the entrance of our subdivision, and there is a lovely park and playground at the other end of the subdivision (Cambridge Park). It's walking distance to Sam's Club and a Neighbourhood Market.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM

17 posts, read 45,787 times
It would help to know what price range you're looking for?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 AM

Thank you Penguin! I wasn't thinking of Rogers, but that neighborhood does sound lovely.

I purposefully didn't include a price range. I'm probably looking between 200k and 400k, but could go much higher or lower for the right location. Just a bit of a wide range. I'm not buying a million plus home, but would consider nearly everything else.

There is a neighborhood with wine street names. Does anyone know anything about it?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Yes, I know that neighborhood. I think you'd need to look at it as it has a very specific style. Not sure how it's going with resale. I'd suggest a few neighborhoods at those price ranges. Not sure if they're walkable to the elementary schools but they are family friendly with strong POA's, etc. Kensington is a great neighborhood and if you drive through it after school hours you will see kids playing, neighbors talking, etc. Close to Memorial Park (a drive but perhaps 2 minutes). Also there is an excellent montessori preschool right at the entrance of the subdivision. Lochmoor club has a pool and tennis which helps facilitate family community. Also might check out Stonehenge which is very close to Walmart Headquarters and is very family friendly as well..

Old 02-21-2011, 09:08 AM

Oh, and with regards to your question for toddler friendly activity, there's Jumpzone (a bounce house place), the Bentonville and Rogers libraries both have very good story times, there's a gymboree and a little gym, also Aspire gymnastics has wee tots gymnastics class and Kaleidoscope Dance has tots dance classes for both boys and girls which are very good.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:18 AM

Thank you! There is so much to look at. I hate moving with little or no time to see the city I'll be living in. I'll probably have to rent first, just to get a good view of what is available. Is there a good site to find house rentals in Bentonville?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:01 PM

I don't know a website for rentals but I would check with a realtor. I know there are many houses for sale that would also consider leases. Bentonville is pretty over-built and there's definitely a lot on the market so renting is a good option while you figure out schools, neighborhoods, etc.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 AM

7 posts, read 24,767 times
We are moving in April, and just spent 4 days in Bentonville. Those neighborhoods mentioned are all nice. We found a rental in Kensington neighborhood, and couldn't be happier. Gorgeous neighborhood, and as said before, lots of kids playing outside.

The "wine" neighborhood (we laughingly called it "wine country") is also gorgeous,with some beautiful large homes. The elementary school (and middle school, too, I think) are right across the street and definitely walking distance.

We saw Apple Glen (which is where our 5 yr old will start kindergarten in sept) is 2 minutes from Kensington, with a huge park area right next to it. From what we could see, the school looked great, and we've heard great things about it from some others we've been in touch with who are already there.

We move in 4 weeks, so in another month I can let you know!

Jeff/Kim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers