Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:38 PM

34 posts, read 49,409 times

Advertisements

I don't have any family here so I'm wondering if there is anything fun to do around Christmas? I'm mainly thinking of Christmas lights but events are fun also. I live about 3 miles away from Dickson street and 1 mile from the U of A.

For Thanksgiving, where is a good place to go eat? I won't have time to cook and I would really like a good turkey, stuffing, and etc meal. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,919,888 times
Fayetteville's Lights of the Ozarks s awesome. It's on the square. You'll love it.

The Lights of the Ozarks — November 21 to December 31, 2014

Old 11-17-2014, 10:08 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,819,711 times
For Thanksgiving- Golden Coral is always a good choice ( and lots of choices at that)

Specials and Promotions :: Thanksgiving Day Buffet

Or you can buy Thanksgiving dinner at Harps and split the costs with your friends. I think that dinner serves four or six. http://www.harpsfood.com/

The lights on the square are a given. Is this your first year of college?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:56 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,264,739 times
for a more expensive meal there is also the greenhouse grille at 481 s school ave near MLK in fayetteville.

My wife noticed that they are doing a thanksgiving eve meal on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Greenhousegrille

Old 11-18-2014, 07:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,958,708 times
The Lights on the Square in Fayetteville are awesome. In past years there have been sleigh rides around the square, but I don't know if that's happening this year. And Bentonville does a good job of decorating their square, too. Just driving around different neighborhoods and seeing the lights can be fun. Bentonville also opens an ice rink in the splash park just off the square for the season. Many of the area churches put on special Christmas programs, and even if you aren't a member of the church, or even a Christian, the programs can be wonderful. I'm sure the Walton Arts Center will have special programs for the holidays, you should check their schedule. And my family likes to go to Tulsa to see The Nutcracker performed by the ballet there every year.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure I can deal with the crowds at Golden Coral. I may try cooking something or check out the Harp's mean. I'm a PhD student at UARK but this is my first time living on my own. I lived with my mother while completing my undergraduate and my master's.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenl2881 View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm not sure I can deal with the crowds at Golden Coral. I may try cooking something or check out the Harp's mean. I'm a PhD student at UARK but this is my first time living on my own. I lived with my mother while completing my undergraduate and my master's.
I think someone suggested you get together with a few friends. I am sure there are others that don't have a place to call home right now and certainly will be around next week. I don't know about Christmas.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think someone suggested you get together with a few friends. I am sure there are others that don't have a place to call home right now and certainly will be around next week. I don't know about Christmas.

I appreciate that but I don't really know anyone in the area except people in my program and they have families. I might do Golden Coral. Is there a Luby's in the area?

Old 11-19-2014, 05:41 PM

3,106 posts, read 4,006,759 times
I really dislike holidays. Maybe I will appreciate them more up there.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,264,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I really dislike holidays. Maybe I will appreciate them more up there.
We spent christmas here 2 years ago and will again this year. The area pretty much clears out and you get a feeling like you are almost alone driving around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers