Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,130,619 times

Advertisements

I see their online sales taking on the likes of Amazon, and I've actually found great deals on merchandise at Wal-Mart.com recently. I see that a lot of that division is in Silicon Valley and other places.

With California's business climate becoming less and less attractive, due to taxes and cost of living of employees, do you think Wal-Mart will ever relocate significant portions of its online division to NWA?

I see Fayetteville as a natural fit for those kinds of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
I see their online sales taking on the likes of Amazon, and I've actually found great deals on merchandise at Wal-Mart.com recently. I see that a lot of that division is in Silicon Valley and other places.

With California's business climate becoming less and less attractive, due to taxes and cost of living of employees, do you think Wal-Mart will ever relocate significant portions of its online division to NWA?

I see Fayetteville as a natural fit for those kinds of jobs.
boy wouldn't that be nice, but we don't want to have the state so financially attractive we lose our rural feeling...That is what we, among others like about AR or one thing anyway. It isn't California!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 06:54 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
I agree with you nmnita! I preferred Bella Vista would be a little more rural. With Rogers, Bentenville creeping into it bothers me. I like it with more seniors but then again if it doesn't grow you could fall back into a recession. Here in OK ranches do not sell so I wouldn't mind a little build up in my area so I'd see a future of selling this ranch. Not wanting to run cattle in 10 years for sure.

We both (you and I) lived in CA and I agree with you that we wouldn't want anything about OK or AR resembling CA for sure!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I agree with you nmnita! I preferred Bella Vista would be a little more rural. With Rogers, Bentenville creeping into it bothers me. I like it with more seniors but then again if it doesn't grow you could fall back into a recession. Here in OK ranches do not sell so I wouldn't mind a little build up in my area so I'd see a future of selling this ranch. Not wanting to run cattle in 10 years for sure.

We both (you and I) lived in CA and I agree with you that we wouldn't want anything about OK or AR resembling CA for sure!!!!!!!!
and that is exactly why you live in OK, maybe eventually you will be part of AR, why my kids don't live in Ca anymore, none of them and why our grandkids don't even like to visit Ca. This isn't saying it is a horrible state or there are not lots of positives, but what we have here, in NWA is so much better for raising families and for living a peaceful life.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:29 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
The climate is the only thing great in CAL. And I have relatives there. LOL I lived in LA for undergrad. Do NOT want to go back.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,342,870 times
I lived there for 30 years and climate is another reason I do not like Southern CA. I like seasons. Now if your up in the Sierra Mountains you have the 4 seasons. I too have tons of relatives still out there in S. CA. They visit me or I should say Bella Vista where my parents retired too from California. I guess I should go ahead and fly out there this year just because I shouldn't put everyone on my brother and family of flying here but other than going to Disneyland and seeing love ones that is it. Growing up the beaches were fun. The last time I was there you couldn't find a spot to sit on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers