Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:55 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,045,998 times

Advertisements

I lived in the area for several years during my youth. I went to the University there. Overall, positive feelings/ impressions. It's grown A LOT since I was there.

One thing I remember is that I thought it would be warmer in the winter than it was. However, it's not awful cold and generally mild with not too much snow, but it can get icy. Mix ice with all those steep hills, and it can get scary driving. Spring is beautiful with the dogwood trees blooming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
I lived in the area for several years during my youth. I went to the University there. Overall, positive feelings/ impressions. It's grown A LOT since I was there.

One thing I remember is that I thought it would be warmer in the winter than it was. However, it's not awful cold and generally mild with not too much snow, but it can get icy. Mix ice with all those steep hills, and it can get scary driving. Spring is beautiful with the dogwood trees blooming.
Not scary driving just a new adventure!!! The best thing to do when we have an ice storm: stay home...of course you have to explain to your boss why you can't come to work: that is if he or she is working.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,804 times
I grew up 8 miles from New York City and I have never experienced anything but genuine kindness in Bella Vista.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,161 times
One thing that is really good in the Northeast happens to be the pizza, and italian mam and pap cuisine. But The climate of NWA is suitable to grow the olives and ripe tomatoes and produce the high quality cuisines right in NWA.

Generally the mam and pap italian places depend on people who are willing to pay a premium for wining/dining and historically there has been more wealth in the northeast but this trend is changing

If people with money are moving to NWA and saving majorly on property taxes, then these people are bringing new money into NWA and with them, new jobs and with relocaters not making too much less from their previous jobs up north, increased disposable income to spend on fine wining and dining.

I wonder if this means that the good pizza and italian hole in the wall family-owned restaurants are starting to appear in NWA and making it no longer true you have to live in the northeast to find the best pizza in America

I do notice a surge of Italian ice cream "Gelato" that used to be a staple only in Italy and Spain, then only took on being marketed in Miami and New York, is now big in Charlotte, North Carolina and perhaps also could be reaching NWA

Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
One thing that is really good in the Northeast happens to be the pizza, and italian mam and pap cuisine. But The climate of NWA is suitable to grow the olives and ripe tomatoes and produce the high quality cuisines right in NWA.

Generally the mam and pap italian places depend on people who are willing to pay a premium for wining/dining and historically there has been more wealth in the northeast but this trend is changing

If people with money are moving to NWA and saving majorly on property taxes, then these people are bringing new money into NWA and with them, new jobs and with relocaters not making too much less from their previous jobs up north, increased disposable income to spend on fine wining and dining.

I wonder if this means that the good pizza and italian hole in the wall family-owned restaurants are starting to appear in NWA and making it no longer true you have to live in the northeast to find the best pizza in America

I do notice a surge of Italian ice cream "Gelato" that used to be a staple only in Italy and Spain, then only took on being marketed in Miami and New York, is now big in Charlotte, North Carolina and perhaps also could be reaching NWA
Guido's Pizza is an absolute addiction. My favorite.

Guido's Pizza - Springdale | Urbanspoon

Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Guido's Pizza is an absolute addiction. My favorite.

Guido's Pizza - Springdale | Urbanspoon
Guisanos as well, I think though I am misspelling it.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:58 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,247,261 times
pizza is definitely one of the things North easterners miss no matter where they move to. We have noticed that there is clearly a regional preference for crappy pizza in NWA among the locals. Many of them seem to prefer the mediocre $5 pies that is readily available here but to most North easterners those things don't even qualify as pizza.

The best pizza I've had (so far) was at "the rail" in rogers next to the iron horse. They are small, so try to avoid it at peak times like friday nights and weekends. If you can, sit in the back yard for a different vibe.

Joe's Italian in springdale is pretty good but I don't think the proprietor is italian. quality wise it's on par with Napoli's in rogers.

Last edited by gunslinger256; 08-19-2014 at 07:15 AM..

Old 08-19-2014, 06:39 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Guisanos as well, I think though I am misspelling it.
I've been there before.. it's very good!! More Chicago style.. and
is spelled Gusanos.

Gusanos Pizza | Chicago-Style Pizzeria

Okay guys, stop this!! I can't handle talking about all this GOOD FOOD anymore! By the way- the Guido's location I posted was off. I'm a ham for the Guido's in Tontitown.

As a side note: I met someone that moved here from Little Rock today.. Somewhere by Brinkley? ( SP) Seemed like a nice couple. They've only been here for about 3 weeks and bought a place. So, how come all these Newbies are sprouting-up around this junked-out, lean-too called NWA. Where is Brinkley? Anyone know?

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-19-2014 at 06:51 PM..

Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I've been there before.. it's very good!! More Chicago style.. and
is spelled Gusanos.

Gusanos Pizza | Chicago-Style Pizzeria

Okay guys, stop this!! I can't handle talking about all this GOOD FOOD anymore! By the way- the Guido's location I posted was off. I'm a ham for the Guido's in Tontitown.

As a side note: I met someone that moved here from Little Rock today.. Somewhere by Brinkley? ( SP) Seemed like a nice couple. They've only been here for about 3 weeks and bought a place. So, how come all these Newbies are sprouting-up around this junked-out, lean-too called NWA. Where is Brinkley? Anyone know?
I have no idea where Brinkley is, but we have so many little towns around here, specially in Madison and a few of the other counties I have never heard of.

Thanks for the spelling information, but watch me forget...Yes, Gusanos is Chicago style, very much so. They also have awesome buffalo wings and hubby likes their sandwiches.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,268,930 times
Brinkley is toward Memphis. About halfway between LR and Memphis on I-40. Straight up farmland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers