Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM

11 posts, read 45,936 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the school system in Prairie Grove. Also, what is the town's growth like....from the last few years to the projected growth.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 08:18 PM

452 posts, read 1,641,205 times
i wouldnt live in Prarie Grove....beautiful town, but i wouldnt live there

Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 PM

8 posts, read 34,123 times
Good small town atmoshphere with great schools. The town is growing on both ends with many new houses. Moderator cut: sorry, no advertising

Last edited by Sam I Am; 12-29-2007 at 02:49 AM..

Old 12-28-2007, 10:59 PM

6 posts, read 23,017 times
Default Prairie Grove

Hi,
We have lived in Prairie Grove for about 15 years. I have children in the school district and we love living here. It's a small town with a lot of fun tradition within the community. I think PG is the best place to live in the outer Fayetteville area if you're wanting a smaller town. PG is a massivly growing community, but still has the country mixed within. It's only been in the past few years that we have had planned neighborhoods building up. It's a place where you can live 5 minutes from the school and either live "in town" or "outside city limits in the country." We have friends come to visit from other states and they always say how much they love PG and how if they could move, they would move here. If you have any other specific questions, I'll answer them as best as I can. I just outlined a general outlook on the town.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 AM

452 posts, read 1,641,205 times
beware of the chicken smells in PG, they are some of the worst in NW Arkansas. The town is surrounded by chicken houses on the west side.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 AM

4 posts, read 17,244 times
Default Fireflies in Prairie Grove?

We lived in Atlanta for several years and they had fireflies. We are now thinking of moving to the Fayetteville area and were wondering if there are fireflies there.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,446 times
While I dont live in Prairie Grove, I do however live in Farmington which is right next to it. I love Prairie Grove. It has a small town atmosphere, friendly people etc.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:12 AM

292 posts, read 1,308,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggbert View Post
We lived in Atlanta for several years and they had fireflies. We are now thinking of moving to the Fayetteville area and were wondering if there are fireflies there.
Never been to Prairie Grove (have been to Fayetteville....nice town). But there are fireflies all over Arkansas.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:55 AM

4 posts, read 15,947 times
Moderator cut: removed personal comment I have lived in many towns and cities all over the midwest and Prairie Grove is now home for us. I have no desire to move from it. It's a beautiful little town and those chicken houses they complain about do not smell they cause no problem and they feed the united states. I have 3 children in the school system the oldest is to graduate this year with a B average. The middle child had a reading disability that i could not get Iowa to recognize let alone test for and their schools were rated in the top 5. We moved to arkansas and they listened to me about our son they tested him found the disability got him the help he needed and immediately and now that son is a productive well-grounded student with a low B average. Our youngest is on the honor roll. So i'm assuming by our childrens success the school system has done them no injustice. However with any system there are glitches although minor ones. Prairie Grove is a wonderful southern town, the people are wonderful, and the scenery is killer.

Last edited by leorah; 01-22-2009 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: please, no personal attacks

Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,016 times
Default Prairie Grove sounds like my new home!

We will be visiting Prairie Grove in July with our parents. Grandma will be showing us where she grew up and would like to return to live someday. All of us are considering a move this Summer if work, home, and schools fall into place. My husband is a Nurse Practitioner and I am a Registered Nurse. We need to get our licenses for Arkansas. My husband and father in law are veterans and are excited about the new VA in Fayetteville. The high school looks very nice for our two daughters. They are on board with this move. I need to know how the job market is, housing, and terrain. Due to motion sickness we need some flat land. The beautiful hills will be nice for special occasions but not for everyday commutes and errands. Any information would be wonderful. Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers