Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 24,388 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Fayetteville in March. When we visited, we really liked the downtown area near Dickson and Wilson Park as well as the Washington/Willow Historic District. But it seems homes for rent in those areas are scarce. Is there a source I'm not checking? I've looked at Craigslist and some of the realty sites. What other neighborhoods near these areas are nice? I hope to head down there next month to find place, but won't have a ton of time and want to concentrate on just a few areas. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 PM

77 posts, read 238,904 times
Well it entirely depends on what you want, I have rarely seen a house for rent in that area though as it is mostly owners. The rental options in that area are entirely dedicated to college students and from what I have seen entirely under maintained.

The skull creek trail a MUP that essentially follows the rail line from walmart in the north to that park has made it a lot more accessible via your legs rather than four wheels but still as I said the rental options in the area are geared mainly towards college students.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Thanks for your reply. You have confirmed what I feared. Fayetteville is going to be a bit of an adjustment for me. I live in a small town in the northwest and am used to being able to walk or bike everywhere. I keep on hearing about how quickly you can get from place to place in Fayetteville, but everyone means by car. Those two neighborhoods seemed as if they were the most convienent for walking to get a bite to eat or grab groceries for dinner. And I like the proximity to the big park and the library. I'm not going to give up hope, but in the meantime, what neighborhoods should I expressly avoid?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:02 PM

529 posts, read 1,651,360 times
That entire area is hit and miss. There are some nice places and some run down places. I don't really know of a way of finding the rentals other than just driving around and looking. The entire area is safe until you start getting over near Leverett but it's still not that bad. Are you only looking for houses or would condos or apartments work too?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 AM

We'd prefer a house. A condo might work, but straight up apartment living would be hard after a decade of leaving that behind. Thanks for the info about Levert. It is useful and what I was looking for.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:10 PM

I thought I'd let you both know I was able to find a place to lease in the Wilson Park neighborhood. It took a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it. If anyone searching for info on Fayetteville finds this, and also wants to live in this area, I'd suggest you contact a real estate agent to look for houses for sale, but that the owners are willing to lease. In this current market many people are happy to do just this. And in my case, this is how I found a lovely place that should be perfect for the first year, if not longer.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 PM

77 posts, read 238,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAgirl View Post
I thought I'd let you both know I was able to find a place to lease in the Wilson Park neighborhood. It took a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it. If anyone searching for info on Fayetteville finds this, and also wants to live in this area, I'd suggest you contact a real estate agent to look for houses for sale, but that the owners are willing to lease. In this current market many people are happy to do just this. And in my case, this is how I found a lovely place that should be perfect for the first year, if not longer.
I am curious, as in I want to compare to my rent, would you list or PM the amenities and cost per month if it would not be to much of a bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers