Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 03:24 AM

196 posts, read 640,537 times

Advertisements

I was highly considering Bella Vista but then I came across this. I was shocked. That is highly polluted air.

Air quality in Bella Vista, AR is 39 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). This is based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air, as reported by the EPA.

Water quality in Bella Vista, AR is 76 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). The EPA has a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 12:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post
I was highly considering Bella Vista but then I came across this. I was shocked. That is highly polluted air.

Air quality in Bella Vista, AR is 39 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). This is based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air, as reported by the EPA.

Water quality in Bella Vista, AR is 76 on a scale to 100 (higher is better). The EPA has a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators.
Well, I certainly am not going to argue as I have no proof either way, but we have seen no visable air polution and beleive me living in DC, Dallas and Los Angeles we know what smog looks like, We also see less people on oxygen here than anywhere we have lived or visited in quite awhile. As for the water, again, I don't know, what I do know, it is very soft compared to many places we have lived. It is so soft, I have trouble getting my hair rinsed after washing it.

That being said and not beleiving much of what I read anymore I am not concerned. If you are, of course you will want to search for another location.

Nita

Old 09-20-2008, 04:42 PM

483 posts, read 1,561,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post

Where is the link to this information? I have never heard such staticstics about Bella Vista! I agree with Nita, there are MANY worse places to live and I have never considered bella to be anywhere close to being ranked as a "poor air and water quality" location.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:19 PM

I don't know if I can put the link on here without it being removed by a moderator. Do a google search for Sterlings Best Places To Live and you can check out the crime, polution and more of nearly any city in the United States.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,700 times
I don't believe that Bella Vista has poor air and water quality - crime? more than nearly any city in the United States?? Please do a little traveling and you will see how silly this is.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Lady View Post
I don't believe that Bella Vista has poor air and water quality - crime? more than nearly any city in the United States?? Please do a little traveling and you will see how silly this is.
you are right, at least that is how we see it. Actually NWA has been rated one of the best places to live in the country...

YOu know when I see postings like this, I have to wonder what the motivation is. If someone has chosen to not more to a certain area, for whatever reason, I understand, but to post things like the above seems rather useless to me.

Nita

Old 09-21-2008, 04:16 PM

483 posts, read 1,561,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right, at least that is how we see it. Actually NWA has been rated one of the best places to live in the country...

YOu know when I see postings like this, I have to wonder what the motivation is. If someone has chosen to not more to a certain area, for whatever reason, I understand, but to post things like the above seems rather useless to me.

Nita
I agree!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,228 times

Old 09-21-2008, 09:13 PM

First of all. I travel alot. Three times a year. Have for the last 30 years. So you telling me to do some travelling makes no sense.

Second. I never attacked the area at all. I just posted the water and air quality as reported by the EPA. I was hoping for some mature feedback.

Third. I never mentioned anything about crime in the area so I have no clue why you even brought that up. If you want to know the crime stats here they are. Very Low.

Crime

Bella Vista, AR, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 2. Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Bella Vista, AR, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 1. Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 3.

Last edited by welltravelled; 09-21-2008 at 09:23 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM

452 posts, read 1,640,200 times
Normally I am critical of Bella Vista but this time I have to come to it's defense. It IMO seems like one of the cleaner places to live in NW Arkansas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers