Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:32 PM

8 posts, read 18,272 times

Advertisements

I was reading a hunting magazine back in 94 and saw an ad saying "we're selling the ozarks, one acre at a time" . A friend and I drove over to Flippin from Enid, Okla. and visited with the folks at Ozark Realty. I left that meeting paying on a ten acre plot up on a hill just south of the Buffalo National River off Hwy. 14. I now own that ten acres and go there as often as I can. It is beautiful. I can walk down to the river, shoot my guns,and holler as loud as I want. Hell, I could go naked for a week and not care. So, if it's natural beauty,camping, whatever, come on down for a visit. But, be sure to bring your own beer, the closest at this writing is Big Flats, about 15 miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 PM

465 posts, read 1,420,441 times
You can't shoot off guns and run around naked in Oklahoma?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 PM

452 posts, read 1,643,782 times
Hahahahaha roflmfao

Old 10-13-2008, 08:29 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,788,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie timbo View Post
I was reading a hunting magazine back in 94 and saw an ad saying "we're selling the ozarks, one acre at a time" . A friend and I drove over to Flippin from Enid, Okla. and visited with the folks at Ozark Realty. I left that meeting paying on a ten acre plot up on a hill just south of the Buffalo National River off Hwy. 14. I now own that ten acres and go there as often as I can. It is beautiful. I can walk down to the river, shoot my guns,and holler as loud as I want. Hell, I could go naked for a week and not care. So, if it's natural beauty,camping, whatever, come on down for a visit. But, be sure to bring your own beer, the closest at this writing is Big Flats, about 15 miles away.
It is great to hear some one talking about the Arkansas I've loved for many years.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,840,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
You can't shoot off guns and run around naked in Oklahoma?
Of course you can! (and Bless your heart for asking. ) My Dad has been doing it for years... The gun part that is, not sure about the nekkid stuff.

Both States have some amazingly beautiful areas... Maybe the OP chose NW AR over OK because the Hawgs over there are so much prettier?

I have spent time in NW AR and have many cousins over there... if my Dad wasn't in OK I would be HARD pressed not to move.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie timbo View Post
I can walk down to the river, shoot my guns,and holler as loud as I want. Hell, I could go naked for a week and not care.
That's pretty much Casa del RogMar, too.

That's a lot of places in these southern states.

I built on the end of a 1/2 mile dead-end road. Vehicle comes down here, I can hear it as soon as it leaves the county road, and have time to scramble.

Heavily wooded all around, You can forget there's anybody else in this state until you hear the gunfire coming from another farm in the distance.

Constant source of food, entertainment, and tranquility.

Now, if I could eliminate all the armadillos that like to pock-mark the yard area, I'd be close to a serious waking of the kundalini.

Hillbilly kundalini..............heh.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:18 PM

I've got plenty of relatives that live on dirt roads. I wouldn't mind having a place out in the country that I could go to once in a while, but I would go crazy if I had to live there.
Poor guy, It took two years for him to get a response to his post. He probably doesn't even remember posting it.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
Poor guy, It took two years for him to get a response to his post.
Heh...I just noticed that.

How many blisters did you get digging that one out.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,013,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post

too funny, I usually notice when the OP posts, I too missed this one.

Nita

Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post

I just stumbled on the post. I was just messing around, I didn't realize that when I made a comment it would jump right front of the list. If I did I probably wouldn't have been so hard on the guy. I didn't think anyone would ever even see my comment.

Just imagine the guy must have waited and never got a response 2 years ago. Now look at all the attention it is getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers