Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:26 AM

169 posts, read 678,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
txgrl- nice... that reminds me of a mural i once did for the local coast guard station showcasing one of their new boats... i learned really quickly that water is a lot harder to paint than you think!
Boy do I know it! That was my first attempt at something like that with no training. It was so hard and I'm still not happy with it but my hubby loves it so that's all that matters I guess. That's awesome that you got to paint a mural for the coast guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrl View Post
You have some nice art in your home Mark!

Here is a more traditional piece I did. I painted this as a gift for my husband for Christmas last year. Sorry about the flash, bad lighting in this room so I had to use it.

That's actually very nice txgrl! You've got artistic flexibility to go from the modern to the traditional and the proportions are good! I'll bet your husband liked it a lot!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:14 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
When I first read this thread I thought - GREAT but I scrolled to the bottom of the page and I can't post attachments I'm so disappointed.
I had a hard time at first trying it too as you need to post an url in the attachment, and I couldn't do it from my own pc "My Pictures". But you can copy most photos to your pc (ones you take or copy that were posted elsewhere that you've run across) and then upload to Photobucketdotcom where it allows you to upload your personal pictures for free and it gives each photo an individual url that you can copy and paste here using the "Insert Image" icon above (the one that is square that looks like a mountain against a yellow backdrop, second from the right). Presto, easy and done.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:47 AM

148 posts, read 419,255 times
Quote:
txgrl- nice... that reminds me of a mural i once did for the local coast guard station showcasing one of their new boats... i learned really quickly that water is a lot harder to paint than you think!

cahpsuth- i dont know why you can't... just click on the little button that has a picture of a mountain on it (up by the text formatting buttons: bold, italic, etc). it will prompt you to paste in your link and it will write the code for you.
I sent a message to the admin and I now have this enabled. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 AM

169 posts, read 678,857 times
Thanks Mark! cahpsuth, you should post some of your stuff- I'd love to see it.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 PM

Hi
I've been lucky enough to have picasa web albums as a test I think, so I've uploaded some of my paintings there, one or two might be fuzzy I'm not a photographer!!!
the address is: http://picasaweb.google.com/cahpsuth (broken link)

I hope you like them.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:35 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times
Very nice, cahpsuth!
My favorite is the sailboat. My husband would love the bird.
Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:39 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
ooooo- very cool, cahpsuth! are you asian? it seems as though your work may be inspired by japanese art... but of course that influence has found its way into many artist's work, regardless of ethnicity.

i am very fond of the stained glass-like feel some of your paintings have. and the bold colors! i truly do like them.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
ooooo- very cool, cahpsuth! are you asian? it seems as though your work may be inspired by japanese art... but of course that influence has found its way into many artist's work, regardless of ethnicity.

i am very fond of the stained glass-like feel some of your paintings have. and the bold colors! i truly do like them.
Thanks for your comments and no I'm not Asian I'm a true-nothing under the kilt- Scotsman.
The Japanese thing was inspired by some paintings I had seen on the web and tried it.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Very nice, cahpsuth!
My favorite is the sailboat. My husband would love the bird.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks grammy, the water took me such a long time then I noticed a blob of white paint, didn't know what to do, then, hey presto a sailboat emerged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts