Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:13 AM

89 posts, read 268,650 times

Advertisements

Sounds like if I do this Bradenton it probably will be! I have a business seminar in Clearwater beach in about 2 weeks, so I will be taking a drive down to Bradenton and St. Petes.

Floridabound09 - I know their all mainly on the west, unfortunately I have no choice in where they are located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM

Also, if I decided to commute from St. Petes to Bradenton...how bad does the traffic get? It looks like the main road I will be on is Rt 275.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM

193 posts, read 489,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cariad View Post
Depending on where in St. pete, about 25 m-less if you live at the beach or right by the skywaybridge.
I would choose to live in St Pete and commute to Bradenton-no contest.
I gotta agree with this one hands down. However, Sarasota is a beautiful city with a little night life but it is growing.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 AM

7 posts, read 93,727 times
I agree, Naples, Fl is way to boring. Don't go for N. Ft. Myers is close close to us......the boring thing is only slightly better there

Old 06-29-2007, 09:29 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
Palatinum350 - go to Google maps and map out the area of west Florida so that you can get a better feel for the areas people are talking about and that you are interested in. You can find out the distance between areas as well.

In the end, the best thing for you is to come down for an extended visit or a few 3 day weekends, just to get a real feel for the area. Good luck to you. And BTW - Florida is a nice place and there are areas that are really lovely. Its what you make of a place. I have been here for many years having come from McLean, VA (Northern, VA). No regrets.

You have to do your research and, please do not rely on the posters on this forum for all your information - no wonder you're so confused.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:27 PM

49 posts, read 188,398 times
Platinum 350
Like others say, come check out Bradenton. You need to check it out for yourself.. Beaches are great.. No night life, but a short drive to St Pete and or Sarasota. Not all Bradenton is gang infested and crime ridden. There are some beautiful places in Bradenton close to the beach. If you do some research and have specific questions about locations. Feel free to ask.

Tropics

Old 06-30-2007, 12:26 AM

Everyone has been so helpful, thanks!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 AM

So I have been looking at a lot of demographics and am trying to figure out, the total population figures are they seasonal? I guess if they own the home but leave during the summers they would show up on my demos. If anyone knows more about this, please share.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:46 PM

I just reviewed some more demographics and the Ft. Myers location looks a little better for business than the Bradenton. However, I want to live a balanced lifestyle and have entertainment, such as some nightlife. Is there any in the Ft. Myers area?

Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum350 View Post
Sounds like if I do this Bradenton it probably will be! I have a business seminar in Clearwater beach in about 2 weeks, so I will be taking a drive down to Bradenton and St. Petes.

Floridabound09 - I know their all mainly on the west, unfortunately I have no choice in where they are located.
I just read in yur post that you prefer the east coast but eyt you list shows the majority are on the west coast, which in my personal opinion is much better anyway.
Bradenton is beautiful, busy at times but beautiful and the location is what makes it a plus for what your looking for, in that type you will want not only locals but snowbirds who will spend the money!!
I see you want a mix and do not see Ft Myers fitting that mix, although Ft Myers is one of the prettiest cities in Fla, I do not think it will fit what you have type.

Aw heck, you cannot go wrong anywhere near Tampa - St Pete up or down the coast a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida