Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times

Advertisements

If you read the comments you will see people are getting conflicting information about who will make the decision about where these dogs will go. Hopefully somebody can help.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=1&pnref=story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 01:30 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Thanks for sharing this, it really makes me angry. If the authorities and judge give these dogs back to the previous owner, I whole heartedly wish that every single person that supported that idea gets killed. I can say this guilt free! Disgraceful!

Old 12-17-2014, 02:16 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
I doubt this piece of filth will get his dogs back...there's been an arrest warrant issued for animal cruelty.

Warrant issued for owner of pit bulls chained on Bristol property | CLJNews.com

This guy just needs to be disappeared.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:11 PM

815 posts, read 981,046 times
Thank you for caring enough to share this. I live in a very rural area of north FL about 90 miles east of Bristol. This type of situation is all too common, although we do have some very active rescue groups in this area. I currently care for 9 dogs, most of which were rescued from abuse/neglect situations, although none as horrendous as the Bristol situation. I wish I could save them all.
We really need much more definitive and comprehensive laws regarding animal abuse/cruelty, and a zero tolerance policy for dog fighting.
And PLEASE spay and neuter your pets!!!!! If there were less "accidental" litters from so-called 'good' pet owners, there will be more resources for rescue groups to devote to helping these intentionally bred for fighting (or 'bait') dogs, who through no fault of their own are suffering horribly.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:54 PM

3,331 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I doubt this piece of filth will get his dogs back...there's been an arrest warrant issued for animal cruelty.

Warrant issued for owner of pit bulls chained on Bristol property | CLJNews.com

This guy just needs to be disappeared.
I'm just surprised to see any action taken on behalf of dogs in this state. Guess they couldn't ignore this one since neighbors were worried about their children.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:56 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,623,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Thank you for caring enough to share this. I live in a very rural area of north FL about 90 miles east of Bristol. This type of situation is all too common, although we do have some very active rescue groups in this area. I currently care for 9 dogs, most of which were rescued from abuse/neglect situations, although none as horrendous as the Bristol situation. I wish I could save them all.
We really need much more definitive and comprehensive laws regarding animal abuse/cruelty, and a zero tolerance policy for dog fighting.
And PLEASE spay and neuter your pets!!!!! If there were less "accidental" litters from so-called 'good' pet owners, there will be more resources for rescue groups to devote to helping these intentionally bred for fighting (or 'bait') dogs, who through no fault of their own are suffering horribly.
This is a well intended understatement. These types of people who abuse or fight dogs need to be locked up for a very, very long time. That will be the only way to minimize this type of crime.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:15 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Horrible story, but I see this on the news here in PB County quite often and also many do not make it to the news at all. I also donate to a few no kill shelters here, and they send me stories via e-mail that do not make the news...many of the breeds they have up for adoption are Pit Bulls or Pitt Bull mixes, seems that with the lower echelons of society that there is still some status associated with having a Pit Bull, Michael Vick didn't make a difference in stopping that...also because Miami-Dade bans them Broward and PB County is a haven for owners who should not even own a pet rock little alone a Dog...

Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 PM

434 posts, read 530,699 times
no kudzu = best username I've seen on here yet.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAnc View Post
no kudzu = best username I've seen on here yet.

you'd be surprised how many folks send me DMs wanting to know what my name means. Then I send them pictures of what kudzu can do and they are blown away.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:06 PM

434 posts, read 530,699 times
Yeah, I know exactly what it is. Name cracked me up. I was like, Yes!, no kudzu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida