Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM

749 posts, read 2,444,753 times

Advertisements

Don't know if your seeing this in your county but here they come out of nowhere and walk between rows of stopped traffic and direct non-seatbelt wearers to the side of the road and write tickets, buckle up and save yourself $116.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM

817 posts, read 2,256,554 times
Did this happen to you or someone you know?

I don't doubt it, but want to see if this is third-person situation or if you have a direct knowledge of it.

While I think everyone should obey the law and buckle up...if this is true, then that's just ridiculous.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,780,225 times
Who is stupid enough to drive without a seatbelt on? Really?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
Did this happen to you or someone you know?

I don't doubt it, but want to see if this is third-person situation or if you have a direct knowledge of it.

While I think everyone should obey the law and buckle up...if this is true, then that's just ridiculous.
I've seen one sting here before at another busy intersection, this time it was at a fork in the road where US41 and St. Road 200 meet and they got my passenger, I recieved no ticket. I think one of the reasons they do this is so many folks have borderline illegal tint the only clear view they can get is by walking in between rows of traffic.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
On the flip side...who is stupid enough to walk around in traffic at busy intersections. It's only a matter of time before we'll read about a heroic trooper who got run over at a red light on a divided highway mingling in traffic. I found it rather comical myself, they've resorted to panhandling tactics.

What's even dumber is doing it "to save lives" in a 25 mph zone, while out on I-75 between Gainesville and Tampa if your doing 70mph, folks are blowing by you like your standing still and virtually no enforcement.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
On the flip side...who is stupid enough to walk around in traffic at busy intersections. It's only a matter of time before we'll read about a heroic trooper who got run over at a red light on a divided highway mingling in traffic. I found it rather comical myself, they've resorted to panhandling tactics.

What's even dumber is doing it "to save lives" in a 25 mph zone, while out on I-75 between Gainesville and Tampa if your doing 70mph, folks are blowing by you like your standing still and virtually no enforcement.
Yeah, the good ole Florida Autobahn.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,325,008 times
I don't have a problem with speeding on the freeway. After all, Florida's Turnpike makes 75 look like a speed trap in terms of law enforcement. Dangerous driving is one thing, but that doesn't always equal speeding.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 PM

13,775 posts, read 8,074,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Who is stupid enough to welcome harassment and oppression from the government?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 AM

5,065 posts, read 7,267,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Who is stupid enough to welcome harassment and oppression from the government?
Next thing, they'll want you to have a drivers license and valid insurance. Oh, the misery.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,780,225 times
I really doubt that these officers really want to be out there risking getting hit by an inattentive driver just to enforce a law that shouldn't be needed in the first place. Anyone who drives without a seatbelt is an idiot--it's been proven time and time again. If you drive without one because you think that it is uncomfortable, or you don't feel a sense of freedom, or whatever, it's your choice but it is the law, everyone knows it, and complaining about periodic enforcement is BS. The LEOs don't write the laws but they are tasked with enforcing them. They can't be everywhere and they can't enforce all the laws all the time. Don't blame them for a) doing their job and b) if you are an idiot. Grow up and smell the responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida