Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times

Advertisements

This was an incredible sight to see, I mean hear, actually both. Rick Scott was booed loudly as he threw the first pitch at tonight's Ray's game. Apparently this was orchestrated by a Facebook group and people joined the cause and purchased tickets just so they could participate. Of course the added benefit was getting to see a great team play in a great city but really nothing made me happier than watching Gov. Alienface walk off the field to a chorus of boos while he continued to wave adoringly to his constituents. Enjoy the video and thank you Tampa Bay for "the pitch heard round the state."

Gov. Rick Scott hears chorus of boos at Rays opener - St. Petersburg Times

http://www.wtsp.com/video/default.as...r/877502231001

Last edited by OrlFlaUsa; 04-01-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 02:20 PM

27,220 posts, read 43,942,133 times
I was at the game and strangely enough the first pitch was thrown out during "warm-ups" half an hour before the start of the game when the seats were still probably 75% empty. My understanding is the first pitch is generally thrown just before (or after) the national anthem. It sounds like little Ricky (and/or his publicist) was scared and wanted as little notice as possible, which was smart given how loud a few thousand people booed. What a sleaze ball.

*** I also notice in the video that the background noise (booing) is filtered and that the sporadic clapping is coming from near the camera...let the illusion continue.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:06 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I was at the game and strangely enough the first pitch was thrown out during "warm-ups" half an hour before the start of the game when the seats were still probably 75% empty. My understanding is the first pitch is generally thrown just before (or after) the national anthem. It sounds like little Ricky (and/or his publicist) was scared and wanted as little notice as possible, which was smart given how loud a few thousand people booed. What a sleaze ball.

*** I also notice in the video that the background noise (booing) is filtered and that the sporadic clapping is coming from near the camera...let the illusion continue.
In all fairness, it was an organized protest done through social media that Scotts people were well aware of in advance. It was not a spontaneous outburst. I doubt if any of them even stayed for the game.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,656,250 times
I overheard some ladies say that they tried watching the game to see him get booed, but the tv station cut to commercial during the booing and came back when the booing stopped.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
In all fairness, it was an organized protest done through social media that Scotts people were well aware of in advance. It was not a spontaneous outburst. I doubt if any of them even stayed for the game.
That is correct, they were outside the venue...however the large negative response inside from fans was not organized or planned. In addition his early first pitch as well as film and audio of said event was very evidently staged by "Scott's people".

Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
I overheard some ladies say that they tried watching the game to see him get booed, but the tv station cut to commercial during the booing and came back when the booing stopped.
It's weird how the media is helping to cover for him. The film/audio of the first pitch was clearly filtered as the section I was sitting in erupted into deafening boos when he came out. Times that by the rest of the stadium and it should have been quite noticeable. Watch the video link above and one can barely hear them as they were obviously almost completely filtered out. The random clapping near the camera somehow manages to escape filtering however...

Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Booing Scott was pointless. Until people start booing every politician, it's just a bunch of partisan bullspit.

Why just Scott? Why not boo them all?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:14 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,342,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Booing Scott was pointless. Until people start booing every politician, it's just a bunch of partisan bullspit.

Why just Scott? Why not boo them all?
Because no one has been as woefully bad as Scott in their short time in office. You want to talk about bi-partisanship he is an equal opportunist having upset both sides of the aisle. I would have never booed Charlie Christ or Mel Martinez or John Mica, I disagreed with some of their policies but generally respected them as public servants. I can not say the same for the new governor who seems to serve only his tea party crowd. Who reveals their new budget before a fringe group? He didn't even do it before the congressional Republicans but instead at a tea party rally! He keeps saying he governs under some kind of clear voter mandate, well last time I checked 48% isn't even a majority much less a mandate. Someone inform the governor's office that I am a voter (amongst the 52%) that does not agree with his "mandate."

Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 PM

769 posts, read 1,731,563 times
Wow, you kind of have to feel a bit bad for him, I would die if so many people booed at me like that. Still, any feelings of pity go away once you remember how much of a moron this guy is. He did kind of deserve it. Now we just need these people to actually do something about him rather then go to a baseball game just to boo at him... We should stage a booing even right outside the Capitol.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:45 AM

165 posts, read 516,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Wow, you kind of have to feel a bit bad for him, I would die if so many people booed at me like that. Still, any feelings of pity go away once you remember how much of a moron this guy is. He did kind of deserve it. Now we just need these people to actually do something about him rather then go to a baseball game just to boo at him... We should stage a booing even right outside the Capitol.
No I don't.

He is acting like a King...if only the boos would turn to a recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida