Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 01:45 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times

Advertisements

After reading many post here and on other forums I am finding that many people really struggle with the decision to move to another location, state, city etc because of family.

For you, if you have moved from another state to Florida ( or other states but since this is the Florida forum ) what or how did it effect you and your immediate family when you moved?

It seems to be a toss up in posting, some stay because of family and it was the correct decision and other feel that you need to do the things your immediate family wants to do.

For me, I made the mistake 27 years ago of staying at home and not moving only because of family. Now I regret it, I should have left.

So what is your take on moving if the decision comes down to family? ( not jobs, other problems, kids, school, etc )

And if you have moved did it effect you and how? Good, bad etc?
Should you have left family? Are you happy you moved away and had no family where you moved?

What is it like moving to a town with no family other then your immediate family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM

807 posts, read 3,188,050 times
I believe everyone is unique and every situation should be treated differently. What's good for one person may be totally wrong for another. You could move somewhere to be closer to a family member only to find out they don't want you there 'horning in' on their little world. Manipulative family members could convince you not to move (no matter how great it could be for you) because they will be hurt.

As long as the move is for positive reasons and you aren't running away from something, it should be a life experience to embrace.

I've always said that I don't want to reach a point in my life and look back regretting that I didn't do something I wanted to try. We only get one shot at this life folks and personally, I want to go out smiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida