Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:29 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
[/b]

WOW ! ! ! !

His Old Man is a Judge ?!?!?!

No wonder he got off clear and free.

HOLY SH*T.
He's gonna get off clear and free because he was attacked by a thug, and the thug got his...

I have come 180 on this case. As more facts come to light, it's pretty obvious that Zimmerman was in the right. Even though he should not have been following the kid, that's not a crime.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
He's gonna get off clear and free because he was attacked by a thug, and the thug got his...

I have come 180 on this case. As more facts come to light, it's pretty obvious that Zimmerman was in the right. Even though he should not have been following the kid, that's not a crime.
Stalking and harrassing in FL are both crimes. Zimmermans gonna have a rough time in prison if he can't whip a 17 year old he outweighs by 100 lbs.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Most whites will side with Zimmerman. Most blacks will be against him.
Yawn.......such is human nature.
According to the media, whites cannot be for Zimmerman, he is Hispanic.

Actually, Hispanics can be any race, so some people are probably very confused who to be for.

I wonder how this will play into border security, kind of ruined the medias' racial spin on it.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Most whites will side with Zimmerman. Most blacks will be against him.
Yawn.......such is human nature.
Pretty funny considering he's not white..

Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times
I'm sure there are plenty of MS-13 in prison that will stand up for him. La Raza and all that bull****.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Stalking and harrassing in FL are both crimes. Zimmermans gonna have a rough time in prison if he can't whip a 17 year old he outweighs by 100 lbs.
Under Florida statute, to be stalking it would need to be a repeated action , one instance does not constitute stalking.

To be harassment it would need to cause substantial emotional distress and serve no legitimate purpose. Zimmerman knew of break ins in the neighborhood, called 911 to inform them that someone he thought was suspicious was in the neighborhood and followed that person. I trained monkey could take this to court and have a harassment charge thrown out.

We will see if enough evidence is presented to charge him with manslaughter but stalking and aggravated harassment are definitely not crimes he will be charged with.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
The way I understand it, the two brothers haven't even seen each other in years. And then, in the interview, he's talking about how close George came to having to be "spoon-fed" by a brother he's apparently had no relationship with for some time.

Odd, too, that the brother could speak so eloquently about how close to brain dead George came, yet George was able to get out of that police car and move around with such ease less than 45 minutes after almost becoming a "vegetable."

The Zimmerman camp is obviously rallying and getting their speaking points coordinated.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM

128 posts, read 455,381 times
..... and what is never spoken about is how Trayvon got big in recent years. the images shown on CNN show him as a kid, when in fact he looked like RAY LEWIS [ BALTIMORE RAVENS LINEBACKER ].

Trayvon is 6' 3' and 200+ lbs.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:49 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
[quote=Mike1306;23653632]Under Florida statute, to be stalking it would need to be a repeated action , one instance does not constitute stalking.

To be harassment it would need to cause substantial emotional distress and serve no legitimate purpose. Zimmerman knew of break ins in the neighborhood, called 911 to inform them that someone he thought was suspicious was in the neighborhood and followed that person. I trained monkey could take this to court and have a harassment charge thrown out.

We will see if enough evidence is presented to charge him with manslaughter but stalking and aggravated harassment are definitely not crimes he will be charged with.[/quote]

He doesn't have to be charged with either of these crimes harass or stalk but the mere fact he was doing either renders the SYG defense useless. In the subsection of the SYG statute there are a series of circumstances which specify when SYG is not a valid defense.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:15 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
He doesn't have to be charged with either of these crimes harass or stalk but the mere fact he was doing either renders the SYG defense useless. In the subsection of the SYG statute there are a series of circumstances which specify when SYG is not a valid defense.
Statute shows that he was doing neither of the crimes you mention so they do not come into the equation.
No one here knows the whole sequence of events so to state that SYG is not a valid defense is ludicrous.
When I followed someone in my car for 15 miles because he kept falling asleep at the wheel at stop lights and was swerving all over while driving, if he got out and came after me before the sheriff got there would I have a valid SYG defense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: