Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,305,124 times

Advertisements

Anything to do there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,571 times
It depends upon what you want. I live about an hour north in Daytona. The beach is nice, but keep in mind that you might not have what you would consider tropical weather. It could be 78 degrees, but then again, it could be 30 degrees. In most cases the average around this part of FL this time of year is 40's or 50's at night and 60's to low 70's during the day, but it varies based on cold fronts moving in and out. If you want a bit more guaranteed tropical weather you probably need to consider Palm Beach and south. I am not sure about night life in Cocoa, though I am sure there are some clubs and bars. There is a nice zoo in Melbourne and of course there is Kennedy Space Center in Titusville. That is very interesting if you've never been.

Nancy

Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,218,798 times
I didn't like Cocoa Beach too much. There were tons of salesmen walking the beach pitching people to stay in various hotels and clubs.

Plus there were salesman from the Ron John surf club at every parking lot trying to pitch people.

There wasn't too much to do, besides the beach. It isn't very tropical there at all. You need to go more south on the east coast of florida, or go to the gulf coast of florida to get nicer weather, and warmer water.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 AM

263 posts, read 889,916 times
Default It's nice for quiet relaxing

I love Cocoa Beach, but we always go in early spring, when it's warmer, and we stay in a small beach front motel that has a private beach. We are laid back and go for family vacations, not partying. We go putt putt, to the peir, for nice dinners, to the space center, on wildlife tours, and grill out. If you are younger than us (we're in our late 20's with a child) and want a party atmosphere you may want to look elsewhere. It's perfect and inexpensive for what we need though.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:55 AM

110 posts, read 550,257 times
Thumbs up Just Back from Cocoa Beach....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
Anything to do there?
I just got back from Cocoa Beach this weekend. There was some rain and it was overcast until the day I was leaving....of course. If you are looking for a quiet getaway to the beach, Cocoa Beach is lovely. The beaches in South Cocoa Beach are mostly deserted this time of year. I probably saw no more than 100 people walking down the beach over a 3 day period. I would say that Cocoa Beach is a quiet family beach town with some surfer culture present due to Ron Jon's. It does not offer a great nightlife unless you are a 20 something yo going to the bars. The restaurants are small, fun and casual.

There is much to do in the area.

There is nothing like the sound of waves on the Atlantic.
Watching rocket launches from the beach
Proximity to Orlando and the Mouse (if you are so inclined)
Thousand Islands Nature Preserve
Cape Canaveral National Seashore
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge

If you can stay on the beach, there is so much to see. Kayaking through the Thousand Islands Nature Preserve is a real treat. If you are looking for a sleepy, relaxing and uncrowded mini-vacation, Cocoa Beach is a great place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida