Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 11:20 PM

37 posts, read 90,984 times

Advertisements

Me and my girlfriend have spoke about moving to florida and we will be moving in a few years after college.
I am majoring in Radiologic Technology & She is s majoring in Speech & Language phathology.
Our approx income will be in the $110k range at the very least.

We want to live in the nice suburbs where our kids can grow up in and be safe, near good schools, but also be close to the city where all the amenities are a 15-30min drive . We were thinking of Miami but we don't know any good suburbs in Miami. Right now anything is an option including Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Tallahassee. We also don't want to live near a secluded area, we want neighbors, we just want a nice location with neighbors that's not too far from the city.

Our price range is anywhere from $400k-$700k max, we are looking for a single family home only.

Please help us find a location, I will greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:34 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Coral Gables in Miami Area and Winter Park / Dr Phillips / Windermere in Orlando Area and Weston in Fort Lauderdale Area and Boca Raton (own area) and Palm Beach Gardens in West Palm Beach Area

Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Coral Gables in Miami Area and Winter Park / Dr Phillips / Windermere in Orlando Area
\

That is a good one BMW, Kendall and Brickell are nice in the Miami area as well and some parts of the Grove.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Tampa area has many hospitals and colleges, you might want to research the area.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:25 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Check out Pinellas Communities of Safety Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, Largo, and Palm Harbor all have decent schools with Emphasis on Seminole and Palm Harbor. It's close to St. Petersburg a nice up and coming city with Tampa down south a little further.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:08 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Check out Pinellas Communities of Safety Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, Largo, and Palm Harbor all have decent schools with Emphasis on Seminole and Palm Harbor. It's close to St. Petersburg a nice up and coming city with Tampa down south a little further.
I agree for the most part though I would toss Pinellas Park off of the list, it's very blue collar-working class as is much of Largo. The western third of Largo and west half of Seminole are good bets for working in St Petersburg. The northern part of Pinellas County (East Lake/Oldsmar, Palm Harbor and Safety Harbor) is a beautiful area with very good to excellent schools, and is quite family friendly/safe. There are a number of hospitals nearby (check out the Morton Plant/Mease Hospitals link below) and it's a decent commute into Tampa as well. Locations

Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 AM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace789 View Post
Me and my girlfriend have spoke about moving to florida and we will be moving in a few years after college.
I am majoring in Radiologic Technology & She is s majoring in Speech & Language phathology.
Our approx income will be in the $110k range at the very least.

We want to live in the nice suburbs where our kids can grow up in and be safe, near good schools, but also be close to the city where all the amenities are a 15-30min drive . We were thinking of Miami but we don't know any good suburbs in Miami. Right now anything is an option including Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Tallahassee. We also don't want to live near a secluded area, we want neighbors, we just want a nice location with neighbors that's not too far from the city.

Our price range is anywhere from $400k-$700k max, we are looking for a single family home only.

Please help us find a location, I will greatly appreciate it.

Be careful with that assumption.

As for areas, I'll suggest Seminole County outside of Orlando. Lake Mary and Longwood in particular would offer what you're looking for on all fronts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida