Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 10:25 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times

Advertisements

Thought this would be amusing

Where is Israel?
Who owns CNN?
What is A.A.?
Is adultery illegal?
Where is Siri?
What is quantum physics?
Are UFOs real?
When is high tide?
When is Opposite Day?
Is Kasumi a synth?
Is magic real?
Which Disney princess am I?
Why are Americans so stupid?
How to be famous?
How to be rich?

and the kicker at the end .........
Why does everyone hate Florida?

Why do they?

You Won’t Believe The Questions Each State Googles More Than Any Other State – Estately Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
People hate FL for three reasons:
1. They know they will never be able to live here.
2. They tried to live here and failed.
3. Their entire knowledge base of Florida comes from the media.

If FL was such a horrible place 20 million people wouldnt be living here and the number people attempting to live here would go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Where is Israel?
Who owns CNN?
What is A.A.?
Is adultery illegal?
Where is Siri?
What is quantum physics?
Are UFOs real?
When is high tide?
When is Opposite Day?
Is Kasumi a synth?
Is magic real?
How to be famous?
How to be rich?

Why do they?

You Won’t Believe The Questions Each State Googles More Than Any Other State – Estately Blog

Old 07-15-2016, 05:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Where is Israel?
Who owns CNN?
What is A.A.?
Is adultery illegal?
Where is Siri?
What is quantum physics?
Are UFOs real?
When is high tide?
When is Opposite Day?
Is Kasumi a synth?
Is magic real?
How to be famous?
How to be rich?

Why do they?

Thatlast one perplexes them as they love the State.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Would have thought the most popular queries on any given state would have been,
Where are the safest areas.?
Where are the best schools.?
Where are the most high paying jobs.?
Where are the most economical places to live? (preferably by the water).

Old 07-16-2016, 07:37 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,143,456 times
I would have thought the top questions would be:
What did the surf report say?
When is low tide?
Did you see many shells?

Maybe the OP hangs with a different crowd than we do.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:31 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,343,712 times
One would think that at the very top of the list would be "Who knows a reputable A/C/pool company?"

I don't know why people wouldn't be able to live here? Florida is one of the cheapest places in the US to live (just look around and notice who moves here), depending on how you wish to live. Most people aren't able to live in Hawaii, but they don't hate Hawaii. Anyway, this isn't reality folks, just the "results" of some skewed google search algorithms which are highly inaccurate, which is why I finally had to switch to different search engines.

Before coming to St Pete, I was solidly in that I Hate Florida group after living in Volusia county, Orlando and Panama City (yikes!). There's other nice cities in Florida I would assume. Somewhere. I have no idea why it is so neat in this city, especially since it originally started out as a retirement city, but it sure is.

It's all relative though. If you're the typical right wing Scott and Bimbo lovin Florida Republican, you would not like it here at all. And, of course, we wouldn't like you.

Last edited by smarino; 07-22-2016 at 05:58 AM..

Old 07-25-2016, 07:03 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
People hate FL for three reasons:
1. They know they will never be able to live here.
2. They tried to live here and failed.
3. Their entire knowledge base of Florida comes from the media.

If FL was such a horrible place 20 million people wouldnt be living here and the number people attempting to live here would go down.
OK let's get realistic now. Nobody hates FL for those reasons. Come on Spring, I thought you were better than that.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
OK let's get realistic now. Nobody hates FL for those reasons. Come on Spring, I thought you were better than that.
I know, I know. Its heat and humidity, unfriendly people, traffic, crime, New Yorkers, high COL, hurricanes, lack of culture, chain restaurants, lousy schools, low paying jobs, no jobs, tourists... what have I missed?

Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM

593 posts, read 668,256 times
Why do people hate Florida? Ill answer that question with a question.

Why do so many people seem to believe that if they pack up their belongings and without much else as far as planning move to Americas #1 vacation destination, all of the problems in life will be solved?

I am part of a facebook group named "For Free or cheap in Jacksonville Florida." I kid you not EVERY SINGLE DAY there are people posting asking for free stuff saying something along the lines of "I just moved here alone with my 5 kids and no job; while i have a place to stay i have no furniture, food, ect. please help with whatever you can"

Old 07-25-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackgt View Post
Why do people hate Florida? Ill answer that question with a question.

Why do so many people seem to believe that if they pack up their belongings and without much else as far as planning move to Americas #1 vacation destination, all of the problems in life will be solved?

I am part of a facebook group named "For Free or cheap in Jacksonville Florida." I kid you not EVERY SINGLE DAY there are people posting asking for free stuff saying something along the lines of "I just moved here alone with my 5 kids and no job; while i have a place to stay i have no furniture, food, ect. please help with whatever you can"
My question would be whether or not people pack a suitcase, jump on a bus to anywhere thinking they will quickly find a place to eat and sleep after they step off that bus. So, is it only FL where people come to start over again elsewhere?

I do know as a fact that it happens very often in NYC where young people step off a bus and have no place to go. Waiting for such travelers are people who offer them a place to stay. Those young people become New York City's newest prostitutes and live sex show workers, if they manage to stay alive long enough.

People come up with crazy ideas all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida