Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesF View Post
Im afraid sevtozar is correct; no one can enter someone's home just because someone from a condo assoc. person doesn't feel like waiting. Think about it -- suppose the young lady returned home only to be raped by the workmen?? This sort of thing has happened. That is why the us constitution and the bill of rights have strictures on privacy. In New Jersey for instance, state senator Turner introduced a Bill in 2005 expressly forbidding precisely such casual entries. The only qualification to this right is some kind of extreme emergency -- a fire, earthquake, where crews would have to enter immediately to rescue someone, etc.

Ladywithafan needs to find a less intellectually challenging line of work

James, Attorney-at-Law
Isn't it wonderful to be able to voice your opinion on a public forum?

And you attended what school of law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 PM

8 posts, read 32,593 times
Default to Ladywithafan

No sweethear, loving your job is fine -- but you say you "love" them? Are they relatives? Do you lend them money? Let them stay at your house? Do you invite them all over for Christmas??

Of course not; therefore you're talking about them as if they were PETS..duhhh...

Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetozar View Post
No sweethear, loving your job is fine -- but you say you "love" them? Are they relatives? Do you lend them money? Let them stay at your house? Do you invite them all over for Christmas??

Of course not; therefore you're talking about them as if they were PETS..duhhh...
That would be your interpretation....mine is I love them like they were all my family and therefore I take good care of them...it is Longboat Key and they expect to be taken care of....not as pets but as human beings who are entitled to the best since I work for the best.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:13 AM

8 posts, read 20,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
That would be your interpretation....mine is I love them like they were all my family and therefore I take good care of them...it is Longboat Key and they expect to be taken care of....not as pets but as human beings who are entitled to the best since I work for the best.
I was looking at the reply to this as I had a similar situation. You do not have the right to enter my place without permission but since the link has been hijacked I figured I agree with Svetovar. (my interpretation too) You don't really know what loving a person is if you can believe that your love for your tenants is the same as the love you have with your family. Or maybe you love you family as pets too? They (your tenants) expect to be treated well because they live on LBK. Give me a break. I think every person in the world would love to be treated with respect and to be treated well. You sound so condescending with a chip on your shoulder.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagalsal View Post
I was looking at the reply to this as I had a similar situation. You do not have the right to enter my place without permission but since the link has been hijacked I figured I agree with Svetovar. (my interpretation too) You don't really know what loving a person is if you can believe that your love for your tenants is the same as the love you have with your family. Or maybe you love you family as pets too? They (your tenants) expect to be treated well because they live on LBK. Give me a break. I think every person in the world would love to be treated with respect and to be treated well. You sound so condescending with a chip on your shoulder.
If we have an emergency, such as a stack pipe explode, which could flood numerous units, and the unit owner is not on premise and is unreachable, sorry but, we have no choice but to enter the unit to correct the problem. If that owner happened to be out of the country & unreachable, should we watch other owner's units incur damage because we don't enter the unit to correct the problem?

And secondly, I just enjoy my job sorry that offends all you negative people. Yes, everyone does deserve to be treated with respect, I totally agree. Longboat Key has a personality of it's own; get over it.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
If we have an emergency, such as a stack pipe explode, which could flood numerous units, and the unit owner is not on premise and is unreachable, sorry but, we have no choice but to enter the unit to correct the problem. If that owner happened to be out of the country & unreachable, should we watch other owner's units incur damage because we don't enter the unit to correct the problem?

And secondly, I just enjoy my job sorry that offends all you negative people. Yes, everyone does deserve to be treated with respect, I totally agree. Longboat Key has a personality of it's own; get over it.

Wow~As I stated you have a chip on your shoulder. You are talking about an emergency situation now, the question that was asked was not considered an emergency was it? You my dear, better not enter my condo without permission or you'll be looking for a new job.

You should see a therapist on the superiorty issues you have. As a side note, when you have a superiority complex you are actually trying to compensate for your feeling of inferiority. You have so many issues I feel for you. Get some help. Loving your job is one thing but I think you are saying that to make yourself believe it. Good Luck to you.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Wow~As I stated you have a chip on your shoulder. You are talking about an emergency situation now, the question that was asked was not considered an emergency was it? You my dear, better not enter my condo without permission or you'll be looking for a new job.

You should see a therapist on the superiorty issues you have. As a side note, when you have a superiority complex you are actually trying to compensate for your feeling of inferiority. You have so many issues I feel for you. Get some help. Loving your job is one thing but I think you are saying that to make yourself believe it. Good Luck to you.
Apparently you enjoy picking people apart; returning your chip politely.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Just voicing a concern I have for you. You sent up a bunch of red flags. You can not fix a problem unless you realize there might be one. I read others' concerns for you. Just added mine. Sorry, if I made it seem harsh but sometime harsh wakes you up. Looks like know one has ever told you these things before. Again, Good Luck.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Just voicing a concern I have for you. You sent up a bunch of red flags. You can not fix a problem unless you realize there might be one. I read others' concerns for you. Just added mine. Sorry, if I made it seem harsh but sometime harsh wakes you up. Looks like know one has ever told you these things before. Again, Good Luck.
As a dead horse, you've just beat me way too much.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,504 times
I see you know what you're talking, please I need your help on this issue. I've moved to a very nice quite apt in condo at North Miami Beach where some old people live just 2 month ago, and right after 2nd week an old lady from the apt below started saying weird things, claiming that I have problem with power-light and electricity, crazy stories! I've tried to avoid her last two week, but she has come a couple of time to my door, knocking pretty early and saying a lot of crap, so last week she called police twice, claiming I was making noises, but no report were filed since Police also thought she kind of crazy, however last police advised me to file a complaint for harassment, besides she has called the condo-president as well as my landlord saying same crazy stories. I've found out that 6 month ago a similar harassment situation took place in the condo, but that time the crazy old neighbor shot dead the landlord who intended to stop him from harassing his tenant, so obviously these people don't want any young neighbors in their condo, and I don't feel safe anymore, besides the old lady keep searching for me, and telling lies about me.
My question, can I use this to terminate my lease since the landlord new about the killing, the harassment, even she also had similar hostile situations with some neighbors but she did not mention it? she's concealed information right? can I get my deposit back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida