Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM

19 posts, read 82,779 times

Advertisements

Hello, We could really use some help! I have been visiting this site for quite some time now and have found a lot of useful information! My husband and I our 3 boys 18,21,24 and my sister and her 18 yr old son are looking to relocate to Florida from MA. We live on the water here and do a lot of boating so we would really like to buy something similar in Fl. We started by looking on Fl. east coast....didnt find much due to the type of housing we are looking for ( 3-4 bdrms w/ an inlaw w/ a decent size lot 3/4 acre +) We then looked on the west coast. We found a few places but after more research we decided it wasnt a good fit for all us. We never thought of Lake living so we have started researching that area. I have found some info but not enough to make any decisions on whether to come down and look at the area.
We have contacted a realtor but would like some unbiased feedback on the area. My husband and I will be retiring but others in our group will need jobs. What I really want to know is this more of a retiree area or is it also good for families? Is there a certain area around the lakes that are better for families? We dont want to be to rural but not to close to a busy city. Any useful feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,795,365 times
You guys could retire to the area and the kids look for jobs in the Orlando area and just come visit every once in the while . Orlando has a lot more job opportunities than Lake county as well as a college if your kids plan on getting any type of degree.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:34 AM

Thanks FL1150, That is certainly an option that we have thought of. Two of our boys are finishing up college now an the third is out of school. So college isnt going to be an issue but work may be.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:03 PM

17,331 posts, read 15,507,264 times
Orlando isn't far from the Lake Harris area... A hop on the turnpike and you're there within 30 minutes.
The Chain Lakes is very nice (I live on Lake Dora) and particularly fun if you're into water living.
There are lots of aquatic activities to partake in, the scenery can be breathtaking, and you can travel some relatively long distances.
I'm not sure what your budget range is, but look into places like Mission Inn Resort (Just off of Lake Harris) Deer Island, or even parts of Yalaha along the lake. All very nice, and all very close to the Turnpike.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks so much for the feedback Arcenal352!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: