Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 04:43 PM

74 posts, read 268,232 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
I got a job offer in Sarasota FL, me and my wife we are really looking into relocating. Any good advise in where in the area we should be looking for an apartment? I would like to be closed to the highway due to traveling. We are going to rent first. We also have a 3 years old. Any other comments from anyone that moved from Boston MA to the Sarasota area? We are just tired of this COLD weather! We love the outdoors!
Thank you, ALL.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 04:56 PM

944 posts, read 3,849,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
We love the outdoors!
You will spend less time outdoors here. Sorry, but I don't know a single person from the northeast that spends more time outdoors down here. You will spend most of your time navigating from one air conditioned box to another.

Take it from someone who is willing to hike in high heat and humidity any time of the year down here.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:24 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,779,238 times
Sarasota is beautiful. A great city for sure. I lived in Bradenton just north neighboring Sarasota, and it was a great area. It is a bit expensive there, you will have to look around a bit. Also check out Craigslist for apartments and rental homes there. Here is a link to thier paper.
HeraldTribune.com | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

As far as the weather, have you been there(Sarasota, FL.) before in the summer. It can be pretty hot. I am an outdoors person but I spent a lot of time inside as Muggy said, moving from AC to AC. Try it out, if you don't like it you can always move back. Sarasota is a heck of a nice city though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Hello All,
I got a job offer in Sarasota FL, me and my wife we are really looking into relocating. Any good advise in where in the area we should be looking for an apartment? I would like to be closed to the highway due to traveling. We are going to rent first. We also have a 3 years old. Any other comments from anyone that moved from Boston MA to the Sarasota area? We are just tired of this COLD weather! We love the outdoors!
Thank you, ALL.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 10-05-2008, 06:30 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,264,665 times
AVOID BRADENTON-- Try university park area, Tuttle and University parkway-- or University and honore.. that whole area is loaded with apartments, even townhomes for rent. It's got super quick access to 75 and is near tons of amenities.. it has a very suburban like feel too

Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,966,450 times
Regarding the weather October-April is not bad at all it is the most comfortable time to be outside here. It`s not like it`s hot and humid all year and in the summer just find different activities like swimming or boating.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
The problem with either Sarasota OR Bradenton is that it's much too large for small children. If you find an apartment complex near a major street...well, figure four or more lanes.

The best places for "outdoors" are the state parks.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
AVOID BRADENTON-- Try university park area, Tuttle and University parkway-- or University and honore.. that whole area is loaded with apartments, even townhomes for rent. It's got super quick access to 75 and is near tons of amenities.. it has a very suburban like feel too
I agree - this is a great area - beautiful, and lots of apartments. Also near every kind of shopping and restaurants you can imagine, close to I-75, the airport and easy drive to downtown or the beaches. This is definitely where I would look if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida