Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 10:02 AM

5 posts, read 12,545 times

Advertisements

Tell me about this town, would you move there? Is there a grocery store? What about schools? Any info appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,753 times
Mod Deleted

Christmas is out in the woods but if thats what you like it is fine.

Last edited by sunrico90; 06-29-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Edited post to comply with rules

Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,961,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufanone View Post
Tell me about this town, would you move there? Is there a grocery store? What about schools? Any info appreciated.

The town is out in a rural area fairly far from things, No I would not move there as I don`t like living too far from things I need. The nearest grocery store that I know of is publix in Bithlo and that is about a 15 min drive, the schools are also in Bithlo and they are not rated very well.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM

156 posts, read 151,753 times
It seems like a cut little rural country town, but it is very close to Bithlo, and to me, Bithlo is highly undesirable.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,156,497 times
Christmas is a small rural town that has limited infrastructure and most of the services are provide by adjacent towns.

Christmas, Florida (FL) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Christmas compared to Florida state average:

* Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
* Median age above state average.
* Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
* House age significantly below state average.
* Number of college students below state average.
* Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.

For population 25 years and over in Christmas

* High school or higher: 67.4%
* Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.7%
* Graduate or professional degree: 1.6%
* Unemployed: 7.8%
* Mean travel time to work: 34.5 minutes

For population 15 years and over in Christmas CDP

* Never married: 24.6%
* Now married: 47.0%
* Separated: 1.8%
* Widowed: 4.0%
* Divorced: 22.6%

Note for all the posters: You can provide valuable information, but please avoid classifying an area without providing information to back-up your post. Avoid the bashing, if you can't present an educated opinion, please don't. We are trying our best to provide valuable information to members and many times we don't provide info we just turn a thread into an argument, therefore think before you post and provide meaningful info.

Thank you.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:01 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,768,528 times
I lived in Oviedo and went to Christmas on a few occasions to buy parts at an auto salvage out there, and to the Bithlo racetracks. I know from experience that I saw a really depressed town out there. It was not a very attractive area.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,853 times
Default Christmas, FL

Christmas, FL is a nice rural community between Titusville and Orlando. If you are looking for a place with land - Christmas is it. Bordered by the St. John River to the east it is about 30 miles to the ocean, Kennedy Space Center and the marinas. To the west is Orlando. There is a small little store in town but a large Super WalMart in Titusville not more than 15 miles and several in Bithlo not more than 10 miles away. Bithlo did have a bad rep several years ago but it is getting better. Christmas is in Orange County so your children would go to school in Orlando. The only bad things I can think about Christmas is that when it really rains your house better be elevated because the land floods easily and if you plan on working in Orlando be prepared for traffic jams (it bottlenecks in Bithlo.) But if you like peace and quiet, wildlife, and the unhurried laidback life then Christmas is a good location.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,652 times
I live in North Christmas and We Love it here. Nobody bothers anyone,Make noise,have parties and there is plenty of Wildlife in your Yard.Publix is less than 10 min. away. People think of Christmas right next to Bithlo, but it really isn't. It's Way East with Miles of Woods in between.Bithlo is between S.R.419 and S.R. 520 on Hwy.50 .Christmas is from West Ft. Christmas to St. John's River and North on Ft. Christmas Rd. to Chulota. But hey I don't want to many people to know about it , I love the fact that not too many people live out here..P.S. - 2 New Schools around the corner and one is Highly Ranked,So check your Facts before you post.Jesse-Christmas,FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida