Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:48 AM

66 posts, read 202,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
We love bars in America! You will do well !! I hope you can get here without too much trouble. Good Luck!!
very nice, but I don't know if this is the best way... Do businesses have many trouble as taxes in America?

In Italy they DO A LOT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
People, you're so kind.

I think americans are the most friendly people in the world (usually). American people always help others who in need.

Maybe it is easier than I'm thinking about but.... You know, I prefer to do things in a good way and legally.

I know, I'll be able to do it. Just I need the right info from you people who live there.

Replying to Cougar31, I run a business here in Italy, it's a bar. I also would like to study in the States.

For now, thanks for helping me.

Hello Friend,
I would suggest to take a trip to Florida. Call it your Florida vacation.
Once you here, you will be able to make your own decision. Check out businesses in your sector, check with a lawyer about your interest in becoming a lawful resident...etc.
I think the currency change is 1 US Dollar fo about 0.78 Euros and airfares are less than summer time. So enjoy paradise...or should I say Florida.
Regards,

Old 03-21-2007, 04:25 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
Matts:

Go to the US Consulate General in London (since that is where you are currently living) and ask one of the officers what is required to enter the US legally. What is required to get a student VISA, etc. This will be an excellent starting point for you.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAnjel View Post
My husband say you could get on the internet, apply for a job here, get a temporary work permit, come on over and stay.Thats the way the mexicans do it, we have so many illegal mexicans we are over run and no one is making them leave.Worry about legal residence when you get here. We need some legal immigrants for a change.
It's not as easy as you make it sound. The company that hires you sponsors you and arranges for your Visa, that is true, but if the company fires you or no longer needs your services you go back to yor country unless you a) want to stay here illegally or b) you make arrangements with another company that is willing to sponsor you.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,192,765 times
The easiest way to get a green card is to buy an existing business and employ yourself. It's also an expensive way.

Like in all countries right now, there's a big uproar about imigration. Things are definitely much more difficult when it comes to getting green cards.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 PM

20 posts, read 88,074 times
Smile two ways...

1. You get married with an american....
2. You find a company that sponsorships... (very difficult) you would have to be very good at what you do and have lots of experience.... they'll give you a visa H1b (process one year) then you apply for the labor certificate (process: 2 years) and once approved can apply for resident (one more year) Not easy but worth it!
I did the second one.. and when i was done... met a gringo and got married!!! I wish had met him beofre.. I would have saved a lot of time and money!!! but well....

Old 03-22-2007, 02:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
It's really easy! Just learn Spanish. Then study Cuban history. Invent a name you can relate to, which is Spanish. Go get an innertube. Come down to the Keys and get a bad sunburn. Get in innertube and paddle out into the ocean and wait for a marine patrol or Coast Guard boat to be within eyesight. Paddle vigorously to the shore and you're an American resident!! Remember wet foot/dry foot! Seriously though I am amazed how difficult is it for anyone to immigrate from Europe, while anyone from the communist island is a legal immigrant. Oh well.....

Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,815 times
Last time I checked this government threw the immigration system and half constitution to the garbage can. So I don't know what immigration system yall talking about. From what I see on TV and Internet, you just need to come here crossing the border and that's it. Border patrol cannot touch you, they go to jail for years, police cannot touch you, National Guard can only look at you. Once you are in the city, you get free medicine, free education and you have all the rights from the government to go out to the streets and start screaming "tiki taka si se puede" and get amnesty.

I miss so much an old country called The United States of America.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Hello Friend,
I would suggest to take a trip to Florida. Call it your Florida vacation.
Once you here, you will be able to make your own decision. Check out businesses in your sector, check with a lawyer about your interest in becoming a lawful resident...etc.
I think the currency change is 1 US Dollar fo about 0.78 Euros and airfares are less than summer time. So enjoy paradise...or should I say Florida.
Regards,
Hello cougar,

which part of Florida you live in? I appreciate a lot your advices they sound good. Are there lawyers specialized in immigrant questions?
I know in this period airfares are good. Last year I spent 830 euros for a round trip ticket from Cagliari (Sardinia) to NYC, with eurofly, it was pretty expensive...
Are you satisfied to live in Florida? What would you change about your place? And what is very good on it?

thanks
Matts

Old 03-22-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Matts:

Go to the US Consulate General in London (since that is where you are currently living) and ask one of the officers what is required to enter the US legally. What is required to get a student VISA, etc. This will be an excellent starting point for you.
hey, thanks

but I'm not in London right now, just got back home in Italy and now it's pretty difficult to go to the US Consulate because it is located in Rome so I have to take a plane for getting it. Anyway it is useful I know, but I can get these kind of info from internet.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida