Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times

Advertisements

Its getting real bad wells all over lee county are drying up. Water might be the next great investment in southwest Florida. A dredge nearly sits on the bottom of a freshwater canal in Cape Coral adjacent to Southwest 26th Street. A resident on the waterway says the canal's water level is usually three feet higher. Drought conditions and the city's duel-watering system may be contributing to a diminishing water supply in the canal system there. wild fires are just a spark away, Its very bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
This is business as usual in arid Colorado, where watering restrictions are almost always in force, and terrible wildfires can be a fact of life.
I do wish we would get some rain!

Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM

93 posts, read 284,442 times
we had a large fire and lost a car last week from it. Its so dry all the grass is brown. I can't stand the dust.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times
Thumbs down No rain = allergies + fires

Allerigies are KILLING me this year, with the hot summer started already and the high humidity. The pollen, mold, dut, mites, and everything else that makes you feel sick is up on the air!!

We need rain badly, because of the pollen/dust and because of the fires. FL relies on water so much to keep fires undre control. Lots of rain, that is.

I fear this year, FL will experience some fires and then hurricanes to put them out. Not greate, but expected.

Ps. IN CO, most fires are on the western foothills, as far as I am concerned. I have friends in Boulder and that is what they always told me.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Ps. IN CO, most fires are on the western foothills, as far as I am concerned. I have friends in Boulder and that is what they always told me.
I spent many, many years in Denver.
When the fires are numerous, the smoke is everywhere.
One summer it seemed like the Apocalypse was happening, the skies were so ominous, and believe me, we had the accompanying dry throat.
Beautiful sunsets, though.
A drought affects everybody in various ways. Fires are one of many different results of a dry year.
We are supposed to get a rainshower here tonight--sure hope it happens.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Hopefully next time the water management district does not let out all the water at the slightest hint of a hurricane. I would keep all of it, and if the levee breaks, too bad. They got scared by New Orleans, and now we suffer, typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: