Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
It's this easy.

If you live in FL, it is going to be hot. EVERYONE knows that.

What you are asking is yet ANOTHER wasted question where the same group of jaded & whiney people are going to bash & bash & bash.

Leave FL if you don't like the heat.

There are worse things in life.

I feel sorry for all the miserable, unhappy people out there. Wish my biggest issue or concern was heat.
Thank you! I thought the same thing when I read this post!

Next poll question suggestion: Do YOU enjoy getting hit in the face with a brick, or you HATE getting hit in the face with a brick? Vote now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,376,479 times
Another discussion about the weather. I think it has been said on this forum a thousand times, but Florida doesn't have the "massive" heat that some of you think it has. Check out DC in the summer, Baltimore, Phoenix, and scores of other cities.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM

17 posts, read 71,661 times
You don't know hot until you've lived and worked in many parts of Arizona, with Metro Phoenix the undisputed sweatbox of the USA. And don't buy that local BS spin that it's "a dry heat". The heat here is more than just uncomfortable it's actually dangerous and people die every year from heat exposure. The yokels here brag that Arizona has no natural disasters (ie. fires,quakes,floods, etc), to which I reply: Of course you do!..about six a year..they're called May,June,July.August,September and October.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:32 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Another discussion about the weather. I think it has been said on this forum a thousand times, but Florida doesn't have the "massive" heat that some of you think it has. Check out DC in the summer, Baltimore, Phoenix, and scores of other cities.
Killeen, TX (about 45 miles N of Austin).

Las Vegas, NV

Brownsville, TX

Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 AM

640 posts, read 3,076,073 times
We love the 9 months of summer but get tired of the humidity... I can take the long months of heat but the humidity does get to you. We love the warm summer nights though....sitting by the pool in our screened in lanai, playing music, having happy hour. I'd rather be living this lifestyle in my shorts and flip-flops than shoveling snow and ice or waiting for the short summer months in PA to kick in. Summer months on the whole east coast can be just as humid and sticky just as well. Up there, you get days and days of rain which can ruin quite a few weekends. So, I'd take the 9 months of summer here over the 3 months of summer up there... any time.

Florida is what it is, you know what you're signing up to when you move here. You make the best of it by working indoors in the air conditioning and having access to a pool or a beach... there are plenty around. It's the BEST weather for pools, swimming and all water sports in general!

Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 AM

640 posts, read 3,076,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenclaw View Post
You don't know hot until you've lived and worked in many parts of Arizona, with Metro Phoenix the undisputed sweatbox of the USA. And don't buy that local BS spin that it's "a dry heat". The heat here is more than just uncomfortable it's actually dangerous and people die every year from heat exposure. The yokels here brag that Arizona has no natural disasters (ie. fires,quakes,floods, etc), to which I reply: Of course you do!..about six a year..they're called May,June,July.August,September and October.
SO TRUE! I lived in Bakersfield, CA for 4 LONG YEARS. It would be 110-114 some days. When people would say... "but it's a dry heat"!!!! My reply... "turn on your oven and jump in". I don't care if it is dry or not! It's freaking blazing!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM

86 posts, read 222,139 times
everything i read from nirvanaguy is about the heat. HELLO, you live in florida. if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen. i don't think you ever wrote anything positive about florida. it's all negative. stop beating a dead horse. i would prefer the heat. and it's not 9 months. you exaggerate.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:54 PM

669 posts, read 3,194,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer1 View Post
everything i read from nirvanaguy is about the heat. HELLO, you live in florida. if you don't like the heat get out of the kitchen. i don't think you ever wrote anything positive about florida. it's all negative. stop beating a dead horse. i would prefer the heat. and it's not 9 months. you exaggerate.
I KNOW!

Even if he WEREN'T exaggerating, and it WERE a 9 month summer, that's what you'd expect consider IT'S FLORIDA!

Honestly get over it, NG. Heat is Florida. We know. Just stop. It doesn't seem logical to move to NC. Granted summer is shorter in NC but it's still a pretty warm climate overall.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:10 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
The OP almost sounds like Need_affordable_home. He always complained about the Fl. heat too.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
It's this easy.

If you live in FL, it is going to be hot. EVERYONE knows that.

What you are asking is yet ANOTHER wasted question where the same group of jaded & whiney people are going to bash & bash & bash.

Leave FL if you don't like the heat.

There are worse things in life.

I feel sorry for all the miserable, unhappy people out there. Wish my biggest issue or concern was heat.
Thank you!!! My thoughts exactly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida