Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,662 times

Advertisements

Don't forget everyone to do the censes if you have misplaced yours call them and see if you can do one over the phone or have them send you anther one.

This determines how much money our state receive in funds. This is very vital for Florida, you all know how hard Florida has been his these hard times.

Contact Us - the U.S. Census Bureau

Go to your nearest library to get a forum or wait till after April 10 or 12 and you can have one sent or do one over the phone.
You can not take one over the internet so call them to see if you can do one over the phone or have another one sent to you. PLEASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
The Feds can take their money and all the strings that come with it and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:33 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
^ yes I can see what that kind of philosophy has done for Alabammy!

Old 03-29-2010, 02:09 PM

This is how the determine how much state money is given to each state. Lot of states loss money all the time because people don't fill them out.

Florida has been hit heavy with the slight depression so we gotta fill out those forms people.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,753,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
This is how the determine how much state money is given to each state. Lot of states loss money all the time because people don't fill them out.

Florida has been hit heavy with the slight depression so we gotta fill out those forms people.
It also determines representation. Don't want representatives, don't fill out the census and don't complain later. I remember during the last election people who had so much to say then you would find out they are not even registered to vote. They have opinions but are not even willing to work for what they supposedly believe in. I have no problem with people who have a different view, I just don't like hypocrites.

People bit@h about their representation but have never knocked on a door, made a phone call or given a dime. I am afraid they have no right to complain. I pose the same question to anyone who complains, "What did you do to get your candidate elected"? The answer is usually a stammering, "I don't have time". Well, none of us really have extra time but we make it if we are really sincerer. The rest just bit@h.

I have to come back to add this. I don't mean to rant or lecture but things are important to you or they are not. For example the Tea Party people. I can very easly agree with a lot of what they stand for. Their problem is and I say this from experience. They are like the lead up to a big football game. Everyone is a fan, they all have a hat a shirt and go to the tailgate parties. Then when the game happens they leave early to beat the traffic. They are faddists and not committed to anything. None would stand on a corner by themselves with a sign. They are motaved by the excitement, the crowds, the pageant of it all, but very little else and that is sad.

Last edited by mango23; 03-29-2010 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
^ yes I can see what that kind of philosophy has done for Alabammy!
Are you serious? Alabama is one of the biggest federal leeches in the country. Our Governor and most of our politicians are sellouts to the Feds. We've all sold our souls for the almighty Federal dollar.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
^ well there is a difference on what a state gets due to Census figures every year and what your state politicians can wring out of Congress.
Anyways I completed mine tonight and it's in the mail!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:03 AM

I fist registered to vote when I lived in Ms for a short spell then registared again when I got back to Orlando. Am registared here in Winter Haven also.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
It also determines representation. Don't want representatives, don't fill out the census and don't complain later. I remember during the last election people who had so much to say then you would find out they are not even registered to vote. They have opinions but are not even willing to work for what they supposedly believe in. I have no problem with people who have a different view, I just don't like hypocrites.

People bit@h about their representation but have never knocked on a door, made a phone call or given a dime. I am afraid they have no right to complain. I pose the same question to anyone who complains, "What did you do to get your candidate elected"? The answer is usually a stammering, "I don't have time". Well, none of us really have extra time but we make it if we are really sincerer. The rest just bit@h.

I have to come back to add this. I don't mean to rant or lecture but things are important to you or they are not. For example the Tea Party people. I can very easly agree with a lot of what they stand for. Their problem is and I say this from experience. They are like the lead up to a big football game. Everyone is a fan, they all have a hat a shirt and go to the tailgate parties. Then when the game happens they leave early to beat the traffic. They are faddists and not committed to anything. None would stand on a corner by themselves with a sign. They are motaved by the excitement, the crowds, the pageant of it all, but very little else and that is sad.

Truer words were never spoken. People that want to complain about the government are the ones that don't realise WE are the governement. It's up to US to get things done.

The census is not all about $$.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Truer words were never spoken. People that want to complain about the government are the ones that don't realise WE are the governement. It's up to US to get things done.

The census is not all about $$.
In theory, yes the people are the true governing authorities. But anyone who thinks it actually works that way needs their head examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: