Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
In some cuisines like Indian for example, Chicken Drumsticks are the most preferred part of Chicken.
This is exactly why I rarely get chicken at Indian restaurants, unless it's specified that it's white meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 06:56 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,248,094 times
it's preference. I prefer dark meat, my kids used to prefer white meat until 2/3 of them went vegetarian. Something about the strands of fat running through the dark meat turns my kids off.

we no longer need to worry about fat intake. did anyone read the time magazine article about fat?

Guidelines About Fat Not Based on Solid Scientific Evidence

Quote:
A little fat may not be harmful, while too much of it can be unhealthy, and even fatal. But in the latest review of studies that investigated the link between dietary fat and causes of death, researchers say the guidelines got it all wrong. In fact, recommendations to reduce the amount of fat we eat every day should never have been made

Old 12-12-2015, 06:59 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I don like dark meat at all. Tried it and I don't care for it. I like the breast. I will eat wings though. When I order Chinese take out especially General Tsao chicken or sesame chicken I tell them white meat only because they use dark meat for these dishes.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:17 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's not true, since when has Mexican cooking calls for Chicken breast meat. Because chicken breast meat dries up on the grill and they would have a hard time selling dry meat.
Geez, I had no idea. I had better let my Mexican friends know they have been doing it wrong all these years. Im sure they'll appreciate it.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
I'm not a big fan of chicken thigh meat at all.

Whenever I order a bucket of chicken or those 8 pieces of chicken deal from the supermarket, I always discard the thigh meat.

I prefer white meat. But I suppose the drumstick is technically dark meat, and I like the taste of that.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:46 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,248 times
Most COMMON Mexican food is Dark Meat because its CHEAP ( street and local side walk and small family run kitchens cannot afford the "best cuts " of anything.). and much of what you eat today is far from real Mexican BTW. Its ONLY been in the last 20 years that anyone, but the lower classes of Mexicans would eat the dark meat..( It was Publicly admitting that you are POOR!) ALL of Latin America is Very Class Conscience. I have witnessed Enchiladas being sent back and the Cook dressed down for sneaking leg meat into his Enchilada's.. that was in a hoytie toytie Restaurant in Merida.. Much of todays Favored Hipster French Cuisine is dressed up French peasant food aka cheap ingredients dressed up.... Same goes for Mexican food.. Much of the same goes for Asian Food
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's not true, since when has Mexican cooking calls for Chicken breast meat. Because chicken breast meat dries up on the grill and they would have a hard time selling dry meat.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:42 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
I only cook with chicken breast. I don't mind thigh in highly flavored dishes such as chinese. Otherwise it's white meat only please.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:37 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,041 times
Send those thighs this way. Best tasting part of the bird.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:22 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,951,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
Chicken thighs are nasty and a cheap cut of meat. I can always tell my mother is making them from the stench.
Your mother makes your food? Interesting.

I always prefer dark meat poultry--breast meat is just not as flavorful, since it lacks much fat. Fat is tasty.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:05 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
it's preference. I prefer dark meat, my kids used to prefer white meat until 2/3 of them went vegetarian. Something about the strands of fat running through the dark meat turns my kids off.

we no longer need to worry about fat intake. did anyone read the time magazine article about fat?

Guidelines About Fat Not Based on Solid Scientific Evidence

thank you for posting this

30 yrs of health food Nazi's preaching lean and low fat ,,,,, many (mostly women) will still feel better buying leaner meats..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink